This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Torrent Group worth USD 2.8 billion is a group of companies in India founded by the late Uttambhai Nathalal Mehta, and run by his sons, Sudhir and Samir Mehta. The core business of the group is pharmaceuticals and power . The various companies under the Torrent banner are:
- Torrent Private Ltd. – The apex company of the group
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals – One of the largest pharmaceutical companies of India. It has four manufacturing plants: (a) Chhatral, Gujarat and (b) Baddi, Himachal Pradesh c) Gangtok Sikkim and d) Dahej, Gujarat.TPL has Research Centre at Indrad, Near Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- Torrent Power – Responsible for generation, transmission and distribution of power to the cities of Ahmedabad and Surat. The company has taken up distribution of electricity in Bhiwandi Maharashtra, Agra and Kanpur Uttar Pradesh.
- Torrent Cables- Torrent cables was taken over from ailing Mahindra Electricals and revamped. It manufactures up to 132KV XLPE cables.
- "Torrent brothers divide business - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 January 2018.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|