Tum, My Pledge of Love
|Tum: My Pledge of Love|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Robin Padilla|
|Produced by||Rema Padilla-Ohno
|Screenplay by||Robin Padilla
|Story by||Robin Padilla|
Liwanag ng Kapayapaan Foundation Philippines
R.R. Foundation India
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||PHP5.16 Million (US$ 119,580)|
The film is about a Filipina named Erlinda Dimatumba (Mariel Rodriguez), who, because of the heartbreak and deception of an arranged marriage orchestrated by her parents, flees the country as a United Nations volunteer. Somehow she reaches India where she develops a very close father-and-daughter relationship with a wealthy Indian philanthropist. Upon his death he gives her his school where she teaches and cares for poor children.
The death of the wealthy philanthropist prompts his son, half-Pinoy, half-Indian Ravaan Raza (Robin Padilla) to return to India from the Philippines. Ravaan is told that he can only get his father's mega millions of inheritance if he marries Linda, an arrangement she's unaware of. This is also the condition before Linda can take full control of the school, and she loves the school so much that she agrees to the marriage even if she loathes Ravaan with a passion.
- Robin Padilla as Ravaan Raza
- Mariel Rodriguez as Erlinda Dimatumba
- Queenie Padilla as Gheeta
- Ejay Falcon as Ibrahim Mata
Release and reception
The film received mostly mixed reviews. Shiela Reyes of the ABS-CBN News wrote "While the ending is a little predictable, the movie was generally well-crafted, the storytelling fluid, and it was a visual treat.". Earl Villanueva of the Philippine Entertainment Portal wrote "But not all's that bad in this production. The costumes and production design are breathtaking and marvelous." Philbert Ortiz Dy of the ClickTheCity.com gave the film 2/5 stars and wrote "Tum is truly a singular vision, and that might just be the problem. "
- "Tum: My Pledge of Love". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (15 March 2011). "Mariel Rodriguez is proud of husband Robin Padilla for making Tum: My Pledge of Love". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Trinidad, Chiara Marie (18 March 2011). "Robin Mariel Movie; Tum: My Pledge of Love". Noypi.ph. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Sneak peek of Mariel-Robin film released". ABS-CBN News. 5 April 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Reyes, Shiela (9 April 2011). "Movie Review: 'Tum: My Pledge of Love'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Villanueva, Earl (11 April 2011). "PEP REVIEW: Tum: My Pledge of Love tells a love story in an avant-garde way". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Ortiz-Dy, Philbert (7 April 2011). "Inspiration is a Dangerous Thing". ClickTheCity.com. Retrieved 2 April 2013.