||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mariel Rodriguez at ABS-CBN in May 2010
|Born||Maria Erlinda Lucille Sazon Termulo
August 10, 1984
|Other names||Mariel Rodriguez-Padilla|
|Occupation||Actress, host, model, VJ|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (160 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Robin Padilla (m. 2010)|
Mariel Rodriguez-Padilla (born Maria Erlinda Lucille Sazon Termulo; August 10, 1984) is a Filipina commercial model, endorser, television host, VJ, and actress.
Rodriguez, known by the nickname "Mariel" as a child, lived and was raised by her maternal grandparents in Parañaque due to her parents' separation at her youth. She studied at De La Salle Santiago Zobel School for grade school and high school and attended De La Salle University for college, where she graduated with a B.A. in organizational communication.
Rodriguez has one sister and two half-siblings. Her sister, Kaye Garcia, owns the clothing line Hot Pink Lingerie. Her half-siblings, Ethan and Julia Termulo, both live in New Jersey.
Rodriguez started her career at the age of 15, modeling for commercials and advertisements, including Clean & Clear. In 2004, she was cast in MTV Asia's television show Rouge. Introducing herself through the webcam, she flew to Singapore for the audition and got the part. Her role in the show caught the eye of MTV Philippines executives and was made a VJ in December 2004. She left MTV in April 2006.
In 2005, Rodriguez moved to ABS-CBN, where she joined as a co-host of the competition series Pinoy Big Brother until 2010. Later, she became well known for co-hosting the noon-time programs Wowowee (2006–10), Pilipinas Win Na Win (2010), and Happy Yipee Yehey! (2011). Additionally, Rodriguez also acted in the Komiks series Varga in 2008, where she starred in the titular main role as Varga, and two installments of the Precious Hearts Romances Presents, namely Bud Brothers and Love Is Only in the Movies, in 2009 and Cinco 2010, respectively.
In September 2011, she resigned from ABS-CBN and moved to TV5, where she continued her co-hosting stint for Willie Revillame's variety show Wil Time Bigtime from 2011 to 2013, which upon its cancellation was followed by Wowowillie, which she continued to co-host.
In November 2015, she returned to ABS-CBN and reprised her role as co-host in Pinoy Big Brother: 737, which also serves as the reunion of Kuya's Angels together with Toni Gonzaga and Bianca Gonzalez respectively. She also appeared in 737 as a celebrity houseguest, alongside Enchong Dee and Karla Estrada.
Rodriguez is an American citizen. She married Robin Padilla at the Taj Mahal in Agra, India on August 19, 2010. They had met on the Philippine noon time variety show Wowowee when Padilla was temporarily a presenter. Rodriguez, a Catholic, did not convert to Islam following her marriage with Padilla, who's a Muslim.
In March 2015, Rodriguez revealed that she had suffered a miscarriage, which would have been her first child with Padilla. In August 2015, Padilla announced that he and Rodriguez were expecting triplets. However, a few weeks after the announcement, a statement was released from Padilla's manager that Rodriguez had suffered a second miscarriage.
On May 21, 2016, on an episode of It's Showtime, Rodriguez announced that she was pregnant for the third time. On August 13, 2016, it was announced that she and Padilla will have a daughter, due in November. Their daughter, Maria Isabella, was born on November 14, 2016 in Delaware.
|2014||Sa Ngalan ng Ama, Ina, at mga Anak||Indah||Star Cinema and RCP Productions|
|2011||Tum, My Pledge Of Love||Erlinda Dimatumba||Liwanag ng Kapayapaan Foundation
|2007||Agent X44||Mary Grace / Agent 690||Star Cinema|
- "Mariel Rodriguez: Kikay girl!". YES! Magazine. September 5, 2007. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- "Mariel Rodriguez Biography". Pinoy Stop.
- Almo, Nerisa (November 26, 2007). "Mariel Rodriguez caught saying "Baduy sa GMA"". GMA New Media. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Buan-Deveza, Reyma (April 24, 2014). "Is Mariel Rodriguez returning to PBB?". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- "Does Mariel Rodriguez prefer her 'Happy Yipee Yehey' friends?". ABS-CBN Corporation. May 28, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Mariel Rodriguez plays superhero in 'Varga'". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. June 17, 2008. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- "Mariel Rodriguez and Rafael Rosell romance viewers in Bud Brothers". GMA New Media. May 12, 2009. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- "Mariel Now A Kapatid". September 23, 2011.
- "LOOK: Toni, Bianca, Mariel reunite on 'PBB'". ABS-CBNnews.com. ABS-CBN Corporation. November 8, 2015. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- "It's official! Mariel, Amy join 'It's Showtime'". ABS-CBNnews.com. ABS-CBN Corporation. January 2, 2016. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- Sallan, Edwin (November 14, 2016). "Robin Padilla reveals Mariel Rodriguez and family voted for Trump". News5. TV5 Network. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Siazon, Rachelle (September 22, 2010). "Robin Padilla confirms that he married Mariel Rodriguez in India last August". ABS-CBN Corporation. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Lovely scenes with Robin and Mariel at the Taj Mahal". The Philippine Star. August 26, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Mariel Rodriguez admits going out on a date with Robin Padilla". Summit Media. July 14, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Garcia, Rose (June 16, 2015). "Mariel Rodriguez explains why she has not converted to Islam despite being married to Robin Padilla". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- "Mariel Rodriguez suffers miscarriage". Rappler. March 17, 2015. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Robin Padilla confirms wife Mariel Rodriguez suffers miscarriage". Rappler. August 13, 2015. Retrieved August 13, 2015.
- "It's a girl for Mariel, Robin". ABS-CBN. August 13, 2016. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- So, Kristy (November 15, 2016). "Mariel Rodriguez gives birth". The Philippine Star. Retrieved November 15, 2016.