Tunde ke kabab
|Alternative names||Buffalo meat galouti kebab|
Traditional Awadhi cuisine
|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||Awadh, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|500 Cl kcal|
Tunde Ke Kabab (Hindi: टुंडे के कबाब), also known as Buffalo meat galouti kebab (Hindi: गलौटी कबाब) is a dish made out of minced meat which is popular in Lucknow, India. It is part of Awadhi cuisine. It is said to incorporate 160 spices. Ingredients include finely minced buffalo meat, plain yogurt, garam masala, grated ginger, crushed garlic, ground cardamom, powdered cloves, melted ghee, dried mint, small onions cut into rings, vinegar, sugar, lime. Tunde ke kabab were introduced to the Nawab of Awadh Wajid Ali Shah. Lucknow’s iconic eating joint Tunday Kababi, started in 1905, is famous for serving buffalo meat galouti kebab. Buffalo meat kebabs are cheaper than chicken or mutton kebabs. Its original outlet is located in Chawk area behind Akbari Gate in Old Lucknow.
- Amarnath, Nupur (23 January 2011). "We eat, therefore we are". Economic Times. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Appetising aromas from Awadh". The Sunday Tribune. 13 July 2003. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Tunday Kababi of Lucknow to be back with its USP buffalo meat kebabs".
- "History of Tunday Kebabs: How a One-Armed Chef Gave India One of its Most Loved Kebabs".
- Good News For Foodies In Lucknow, Beef Galouti Kebabs Are Back On Tunday Kebabi's Menu
- A recipe for the royal taste of Galouti Kabab from the city of Nawabs,Lucknow