Ritter performing in 2006
|Birth name||Tyson Jay Ritter|
April 24, 1984 |
Stillwater, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop punk|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass guitar, piano, guitar, vibraphone, recorder, pedal steel, marxophone|
|Associated acts||The All-American Rejects|
|Fender Jazz Bass|
Tyson Jay Ritter (born April 24, 1984) is an American singer-songwriter, musician, actor and model, best known as the lead vocalist, bassist, pianist, and songwriter of the rock band The All-American Rejects. As an actor, Ritter appeared as Dane on Amazon Video's Betas, recurred as rock musician Oliver Rome on NBC's Parenthood, and had supporting roles in the films The House Bunny (2008), Love and Mercy (2014), and Miss You Already (2015).
Life and career
Ritter was born and raised in Stillwater, Oklahoma. His mother, Tracey Rains, is an employee at Stillwater Public Schools. He has an older brother, Zack, who is an endodontist, and a younger sister, Bailey. He and his siblings graduated from Stillwater High School. Ritter met his bandmates while he was bouncing a party in middle school.
After Jesse Tabish quit the band, and with the additions of Mike Kennerty and Chris Gaylor, The All-American Rejects were picked up by Doghouse Records, and later DreamWorks Records, and finally with the current major label of Interscope Records. The All-American Rejects have released four albums to date, and have sold over 10 million albums worldwide, and 4 million singles.
Ritter has appeared in television series and films such as House (2007), The House Bunny (2008), Betas (2013–14), and Parenthood (2013–15). On November 5, 2013, Ritter released the song "Air" as a solo song to help "ride between the Rejects' next record", which was featured on Parenthood.
Shortly after the release of "Air" Tyson wrote the song "Collide" which was also featured on Parenthood. The song was never released on the market but is still available on sites like YouTube.
Ritter's next projects included a role in the John Cusack film Love and Mercy (2014). He had also been cast in the lead role of singer Gregg Allman in the biopic Midnight Rider, directed by Randall Miller, but the film was halted in production, and ultimately cancelled, due to the death of camera assistant Sarah Jones. In 2015, he had a supporting role in the comedy-drama film Miss You Already, which starred Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore.
Ritter and actress Elena Satine were engaged in April 2013 and married on New Year's Eve of the same year. He has been best friends with bandmate Nick Wheeler ever since they met in high school.
Ritter personally likes to use Fender bass guitars. He had previously used Epiphone Flying V or Epiphone Explorer basses during the era of The All-American Rejects (album), until he started to favor a Fender Precision Bass and started using them more often in his songs. Ritter was also seen using a Gibson Thunderbird bass on their early tours for Move Along and also with a rare Jackson Guitars V Bass. He then later used Fender Jaguar Bass guitars for later tours before switching back to Fender Precision Basses.
|2008||The House Bunny||Colby|
|2014||Love and Mercy||Hipster #1|
|2015||The Pinhole Affect||Tyson Ritter||Short film|
|2015||Miss You Already||Ace|
|2016||The Sweet Life||Marlon||In post-production|
|2007||House||Himself||Episode: "Fetal Position"|
|2012||90210||Himself||Episode: "Trust, Truth and Traffic"|
|2013–15||Parenthood||Oliver Rome||10 episodes|
|2015||Wicked City||Bucket||2 episodes|
- Keys, Elizabeth (July 21, 2013). "Stillwater's rockin' mum". Stillwater NewsPress. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- "Tyson Ritter On 'Parenthood' Season 5: All-American Rejects' Frontman Books Multi-Episode Arc (Exclusive)". The Huffington Post. August 2, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Faylene, Rachel (October 9, 2013). "Tyson Ritter Talks New Role on 'Parenthood,' Growing Up & What Comes Next". Variance Magazine. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- McDonnell, Brandy (November 5, 2013). "Video: Tyson Ritter releases new single "Air," to be featured on NBC's "Parenthood" Thursday". The Oklahoman. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Neva Margetić (2014-10-05), Tyson Ritter - Collide, retrieved 2016-04-20
- McNary, Dave (December 13, 2013). "Gregg Allman Biopic Casts Tyson Ritter as Lead Role". Variety. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (April 5, 2013). "Tyson Ritter Engaged to Elena Satine". People. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Blumm, K.C.; Jordan, Julie (January 1, 2014). "Tyson Ritter and Elena Satine Are Married". People. Retrieved January 2, 2014.