UNESCO Asia Pacific Heritage Awards
UNESCO Asia Pacific Heritage Awards (since 2000) are given with as the strategic purpose of UNESCO with in the region Asia Pacific. The objective is to motivate the protection of Cultural Heritage sites, which are initiated by any individual organization under private sector or institutional organization.
The Awards consist of five categories.
- Award of Excellence.
- Award of Distinction.
- Award of Merit.
- Honourable Mention.
- Award for New Design in Heritage Contexts
- Award of Excellence: Sanro-Den Hall, Sukunahikona Shrine in Ōzu, Ehime
- Award of Distinction:
- Award of Merit:
- Honourable Mention:
- Renovation Project of Wu Changshuo Residence Archaeological Site, Zhejiang Province, China
- Fudewan Miners Village of Wenzhou Alunite Mine in China, Zhejiang Province, China
- The World Bank loan Cultural and Natural Heritage Protection and Development Project, Liu Ancestral Hall Preservation and Renovation Project of Sanmentang Village, Tianzhu County, Guizhou province, China
- Revitalisation of the Old Tai Po Police Station into a Green Hub for Sustainable Living, Hong Kong
- Restoration of the Main Building Doon School, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- Darugheh House, Mashad, Khorasan Razavi, Iran.
- New Design in Heritage Contexts