Ugchelen is located South West of Apeldoorn and has about 7000 inhabitants. Just like Apeldoorn, the old village thanked its growth to the paper industry, it had a total of 11 Watermills. In 2006 it received a new water mill called The Bouwhof Mill 
Although Ugchelen is nearly merged with Apeldoorn, it still has its small town charm.
The most important hospital in the region, the Gelre hospital, is located in Ugchelen.
Famous people from Ugchelen
- Robin Linschoten, politician (VVD) (born 17 April 1956 in Ugchelen)
- Peter Bosz, manager with Feyenoord and ex-trainer of AGOVV Apeldoorn and ex-professional soccer player with Feyenoord (born 21 November 1963 in Apeldoorn)
- Medy van der Laan, politician (D66) (born 14 August 1968 in Spijkenisse)
- Jan Kromkamp, professional soccer player with PSV (born 17 August 1980 in Makkinga)
- Jaime Bruinier, professional soccer player with AGOVV (born 28 June 1987 in Ugchelen)