Ukrainian Catholic Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Donetsk
|Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Donetsk|
Coat of arms of Donetsk
|Territory||Eastern Ukraine (Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Luhansk and Zaporizhya Oblasts)|
|Headquarters||Donetsk (temporary in Zaporizhya), Ukraine|
|Sui iuris church||Ukrainian Greek Catholic|
|Established||January 11, 2002|
|Cathedral||Catholic Cathedral in Donetsk|
|Major Archbishop||Sviatoslav Shevchuk|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Stepan Meniok, C.Ss.R., Exarch of the Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Donetsk|
The Ukrainian Catholic Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Donetsk is oe of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (Byzantine Rite, Ukrainian language)'s five Archiepiscopal Exarchate (Eastern Catholic pre-diocesan missionary jurisdiction under a Major Archbishop) in Eastern Ukraine.
It was established on 11 January 2002 as the Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Donets’k – Kharkiv, on territory split off from the then Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Kyiv – Vyshhorod (which became the Ukrainian Catholic Major Archeparchy of Kyiv-Halych).
On 2 April 2014 the Exarchate was renamed as Ukrainian Catholic Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Donetsk, having lost territory to establish the Ukrainian Catholic Archiepiscopal Exarchate of Kharkiv.
(all Ukrainian language Constantinian Rite)
- Archiepiscopal Exarch of Donetsk–Kharkiv
- Stepan Meniok, Redemptorists (C.SS.R.) (2002.01.11 – 2014.04.02 'see below), Titular Bishop of Acarassus (2002.01.11 – ...)
- Auxiliary Bishop Wasyl Ihor Medwit, Basilian Order of Saint Josaphat (O.S.B.M.) (2009.03.17 – 2013.10.25), emeritus; previously Auxiliary Bishop of Lviv of the Ukrainians (Ukraine) (1994.03.30 – 1996.09.30), Titular Bishop of Hadriane (1994.03.30 – ...), Apostolic Visitor in Kazakhstan and Central Asia of the Ukrainians (1996.09.30 – 2002.10), Archiepiscopal Exarch of Kyiv–Vyshhorod of the Ukrainians (Ukraine) (1997.09.20 – 2004.12.06), Bishop of Curia of the Ukrainians (2004.12.06 – 2009.03.17)
- Archiepiscopal Exarchs of Donetsk
- Stephan Meniok, C.SS.R. (see above 2014.04.02 – ...)
|This article about an Ukrainian Greek Catholic diocese is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|