Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Wrocław-Gdańsk
|Archeparchy of Wrocław–Gdańsk
Dioecesis Vratislaviensis–Gedanensis ritus bysantini ucraini
|Ecclesiastical province||Archeparchy of Przemyśl–Warsaw|
|Sui iuris church||Ukrainian Greek Catholic|
|Established||24 May 1996|
|Major Archbishop||Archbishop Sviatoslav Shevchuk|
|Bishop||Wlodzimierz Roman Juszczak, O.S.B.M. Bishop of Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Wrocław-Gdańsk|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Eugeniusz Popowicz Archbishop of the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Wrocław–Gdańsk|
The Ukrainian (Greek) Catholic Eparchy of Wrocław–Gdańsk (Wrocław–Gdańsk of the Ukrainians) is the only suffragan eparchy (Eastern Catholic diocese) in the ecclesiastical province of the Metropolitan Archeparc of Przemyśl–Warsawa, which covers all Poland for the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (Byzantine rite in Ukrainian language) parallel to the Latin hierarchy. Both depend on the Roman Congregation for the Oriental Churches.
As per 2014 it pastorally serves 25,000 Catholics in 55 parishes with 31 priests (30 diocesan, 1 religious), 13 lay religious (1 brother, 12 sisters) and 3 seminarians.
The eparchy was established on 24 May 1996 as Diocese of Wrocław–Gdańsk (Polish), Breslavia–Danzica (Curiate Italian), Latin adjective Vratislavien(sis)–Gedanen(sis), without direct precursor.
(all Ukrainian Rite)
- Suffragan Eparchs (Bishops) of Wrocław–Gdańsk
- Teodor Majkowicz (12 July 1997 – death 9 May 1998), no other prelature
- Administrator Fr. Petro Kryk (1998 – 1999)
- Wlodzimierz Roman Juszczak, Order of St. Basil the Great (O.S.B.M.) (24 April 1999 – ...)
- (Polish) Official website (in Polish)
- GCatholic.org with Goiogle map and - satellite photo