Un gancho al corazón
|Un gancho al corazón|
|Directed by||Alejandro Gamboa
Claudio Reyes Rubio
|Theme music composer||Alonzo / Angela Davolos|
|Opening theme||Un Gancho al Corazon by Playa Limbo|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||220|
|Executive producer(s)||Angelli Nesma Medina|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Original channel||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV
|Original run||August 25, 2008 – June 26, 2009|
|Preceded by||Las tontas no van al cielo|
|Followed by||Hasta Que El Dinero Nos Separe|
Un Gancho Al Corazón ("A Hook to the Heart") is a Mexican telenovela that began airing on Mexico's Canal de las Estrellas, beginning August 25, 2008. It began airing in the United States on Univision on June 22, 2009, with the show's run ending there on May 3, 2010. The telenovela is a production of Angelli Nesma Medina and is an original story by Adrian Suar starring Danna Garcia, Sebastián Rulli, and Laisha Wilkins. The telenovela is a remake of Argentine daily comedy Sos mi vida.
Valentina López "La Monita" is a young, sweet professional boxer. Beto Ochoa is her trainer and boyfriend who puts her under pressure to win so he can get money for himself and his mother Nieves. Nieves also raised Monita because her own mother abandoned her. Monita hates her mother because she abandoned her.
In another place within the city is an enterprise called Sermeño Group, a realty enterprise owned by Mauricio Sermeño, an ex-car racer who wants to retire and have a family. Mauricio and Constanza are engaged. Constanza is a selfish and extremely mean woman. Mauricio thought that he loved her but he disliked her manners. La Monita, helped by her friends Estrella y Paula, is hired by Sermeño Group as a secretary. After being hired, she started a friendship with Gabriela, one of the best employees of Sermeño Group. Gabriela has fallen in love with Salvador, best friend of Mauricio.
However, La Monita is fired by Sermeño Group. Mauricio is convinced that Monita is honest and warm hearted, so he rehires her and as each day passes, their love grows more and more. Both were in a relationship Mauricio with Constanza and La Monita with Beto. They decide to hide their love. Mauricio wants to have a family, so he adopts three orphans named Aldo, Luisa, and Dani. But Mauricio's cousin Jerónimo and Constanza disapprove. The children like Monita because she is really nice to them and she cares for them like if Aldo, Luisa, and Dani were her own children and she becomes their best friend. Constanza, however, hates them, but they also hate her. Mauricio realizes that Monita is the woman of his life. Before Constanza became engaged to Mauricio, she fell in love with Beto, by whom she got pregnant but then lost her baby because she got hit by a car in the stomach.
Constanza, Jerónimo, and Oscar, an unloyal employee of Sermeño Group, join forces to split Mauricio, Monita and the kids apart. Beto becomes known as "El Fantasma Vengador" (the phantom avenger). He and constanza get married and move into her apartment.
- Danna Garcia as Valentina Lerdo de Tejada Moncada "La Monita" -in love with Mauricio
- Sebastián Rulli as Mauricio Sermeño-in love with La Monita
- Laisha Wilkins as Constanza Lerdo de Tejada Moncada in love with Mauricio then in love with Beto
- Raul Araiza as Roberto Beto Ochoa-" in love with La Monita then in love with Constanza
- Macaria as Isabel-"Monita's mom, Main Villain,hates La Monita"
- Úrsula Prats as Jacqueline Moncada de Lerdo de Tejada
- Ana Martín as Nieves Ochoa: mother of beto ochoa
- Otto Sirgo as Salvador Ulloa-" in love with Gabriela:
- Eugenia Cauduro as Gabriela (Gabi/Gabiro) Palacios de Ulloa-" in love with Salvador
- Eric del Castillo as Marcos Lerdo de Tejada
- Roberto Blandon as Oscar Cardenas: antagonist
- Agustin Arana as Jeronimo Sermeño: accomplice of Oscar devious plans
- Margarita Magaña as Estrella-" in love with Aldo
- Verónica Jaspeado as Ximena Sermeño de Klunder-" in love with Rolando even the fact that he hated her until the end
- Alejandro Sirvent as Rolando Klunder-" got married with Ximena while being unable to walk or talk and hated Ximena for making him marry her but at the end he falls for her and stay together
- Irma Lozano as Teresa Garcia: maid of family Sermeno
- Lorena Enríquez as Paula Mendez
- Pablo Valentin as Tano-" was in love with Estrella
- Raul Padilla as Don CesarIn love with Nieves
- Raquel Pankowsky as Bernarda
- Susana Lozano as Lorenza
- Juan Pedro as Ramiro
- Alejandro de la Madrid as Ricardo
- Ricardo Fastlicht as Bonilla
- Manuel Ojeda as Roberto's father
- Ricardo Abarca as Aldo-" in love with Estrella
- Felipe Sanchez as Ivan-" in love with Luisa
- Renata Notni as Luisa-" in love with Ivan
- Luja as Andrés Rivadeneira
- Nicole Casteele as Danny
- Lucia Zerecero as Katia Lerdo de Tejada Moncada-" hates Estrella and in love with Aldo
- Aldo Gallarco as Hector'
- Natalia Juárez as Marina
- Ricardo Margaleff as Arnoldo Klunder
- Brenda Torres as La Esposa De El Lobo
- Norma Herrera as Alicia-"killed by Isabel"
- Jorge De Silva as El Lobo
- The first shown in Mexico on Canal de las Estrellas beginning on August 24, 2008 and ending on June 26, 2009.
- It began airing in the United States on Univision from June 22, 2009 until May 3, 2010.
- It is also aired in Poland on TV Puls from 2008-2009.
- It is also aired in the Philippines on Studio 23 (now ABS-CBN Sports+Action) entitled A Blow to the Heart from February 28, 2012 to January 7, 2013 dubbed in Tagalog audio.
- It is also aired in the Uruguay on VTV from May 10, 2010 until January 7, 2011 in Weekly Schedule from Monday to Friday in local time at 14:00.
- It is also aired in the Paraguay on Unicanal from April 6, 2009 until March 26, 2010 in Weekly Schedule from Monday to Friday in local time at 19:00.
- It is also aired in the Argentina on Magazine from October 20, 2008 until August 7, 2008 in Weekly Schedule from Monday to Friday in local time at 21:00.
- It is also aired in the Ecuador on TC Televisión from October 13, 2008 until July 24, 2009 in Weekly Schedule from Monday to Friday in local time at 16:15.