University of Kentucky College of Public Health
|Dean||Donna K. Arnett, PhD, MSPH |
The University of Kentucky College of Public Health was founded in 2004. Its programs are accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) .
- Bachelor of Public Health (BPH)
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in six concentration areas: biostatistics, environmental health, epidemiology, gerontology, health behavior, and health services management
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) in four areas: epidemiology, gerontology, health behavior, and health services management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in gerontology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in epidemiology/biostatistics
- Dual degree programs: MD/MPH, PharmD/MPH, JD/MHA
Research and outreach
Professors and at the college provide research for programs such as Kentucky Health Access Nurturing Development Services (HANDS), a home visitation program for high-risk parents, who are primarily young and low income, that has been praised by Rep. Kimberly Moser and Sen. Reginald Thomas. Professor Corrine Williams serves as the evaluator for the program.
- "Dean's Message".
- "About the College". University of Kentucky College of Public Health. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- "Bachelor's Program". University of Kentucky College of Public Health. Retrieved 2015-08-22.
- Gillespie, Lisa (2017-10-10). "Helping HANDS: Kentucky Program Aims To Better Child Health Outcomes". 89.3 WFPL News Louisville. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- News, Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health. "65 kids a day are abused or neglected". Richmond Register. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- "Corrine Williams | UK College of Public Health". cph.uky.edu. Retrieved 2018-11-02.