Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health
|Dean||Ronald Perez (interim)|
|Campus||University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee|
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee School of Public Health is the public health school of University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, located at downtown Milwaukee, WI. The school is one of the 58 public health schools accredited by Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), and the first CEPH accredited dedicated school of public health in the State of Wisconsin.It is ranked as the 89th best public health school in the United States by US News and World Report.
The school offers 4 doctoral, 5 master and 1 bachelor degrees in public health. It is named after the Milwaukee philanthropist Joseph Zilber, who donated $10 million for the establishment of the school in 2009. The school has a close partnership with Milwaukee Health Department, which has offices on the second floor of the school building.
The school was founded with State approval in 2009, with $10 million donation from a local philanthropist Joseph Zilber. The school was located in a building donated by Zilber at the former Pabst Brewery, near Aurora Sinai Medical Center.
The school started the accreditation process with the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) in 2013, and received national accreditation in 2017. It is the first CEPH accredited dedicated school of publish health in Wisconsin. From 2013 and 2017, the school attracted more than $9.3 million federal research funding, the number of faculty increased to 27 and enrollment for the coming academic year stands at 87.
- "UWM Zilber School attains national public health accreditation". Milwaukee Independent. 2017-07-11.
- "Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Attains National Accreditation". Newswise. 2017-07-06.
- "Best Public Health Schools". US News and World Report. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- "Academics". Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- "UWM's Zilber School of Public Health now nationally accredited". BizTimes. 2017-07-06.