Uptown, New Orleans
|New Orleans Neighborhood|
Local businesses on Prytania Street
|Planning District||District 3, Uptown/Carrollton|
|Elevation||2 ft (0.6 m)|
|Area||0.64 sq mi (1.7 km2)|
|- land||0.64 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||5,002/sq mi (1,931/km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Uptown is a neighborhood of the city of New Orleans. A subdistrict of the Uptown/Carrollton Area, its boundaries as defined by the City Planning Commission are: LaSalle Street to the north, Napoleon Avenue to the east, Magazine Street to the south and Jefferson Avenue to the west.
Uptown is located at  and has an elevation of 2 feet (0.6 m). According to the United States Census Bureau, the district has a total area of 0.64 square miles (1.7 km2). 0.64 square miles (1.7 km2) of which is land and 0.00 square miles (0.0 km2) (0.0%) of which is water.
The City Planning Commission defines the boundaries of Uptown as these streets: LaSalle Street, Napoleon Avenue, Magazine Street and Jefferson Avenue.
- Jennifer Sneed Heebe, former state representative and Jefferson Parish council member, Uptown resident since 2008
- Peggy Wilson, former member of the New Orleans City Council, reared in Uptown
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. "Uptown Neighborhood". Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- "Uptown Neighborhood". Greater New Orleans Community Data Center. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- Richard Rainey (August 19, 2008). "Jennifer Sneed resigns Jefferson Parish Council". New Orleans Times-Picayune. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- "C. Ellis Henican, Jr. obituary". New Orleans Times-Picayune. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
|This New Orleans, Louisiana–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|