|• Total||30.28 km2 (11.69 sq mi)|
|Elevation||459 m (1,506 ft)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Uravakonda is a census town in Anantapur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is located in Uravakonda mandal of Anantapur revenue division. The town is a constituent of urban agglomeration.
Uravakonda is located at  It has an average elevation of 459 metres (1505 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Uravakonda had a population of 41,865. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Uravakonda has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 71%, and female literacy is 50%. In Uravakonda, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. Nearest town is Guntakal.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Anantapur" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 14–15,234. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Uravakonda
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.