|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
This is the user page for Darmokandjalad. I am a novice editor focused mainly on copy-editing and fact-checking, though I have a few original articles in the works. While I focus on articles related to my personal interests and professional expertise, I am making an effort to improve and expand on articles that will offset the demographic bias I bring to the community.
Fact-Checking & Expansion
If you know of any articles needing attention that fall into any of the following categories, please let me know on my talk page.
- Personal Interests & Expertise
- American Government & Civics
- The Cold War
- German History, Language, & Culture
- Information Assurance & Security
- Space Exploration
- Radio & Audiovisual Technology
- Research Interests
- African-American History
- History of Science
- Maritime History & Technology
- Women's History
- Improving English-language Wikipedia articles with information from German-language articles.
- Improving Simple English Wikipedia articles with information from English-language articles.
- Helping students of English better understand the nuances of formal, neutral written English.
- Campaign to edit articles on African American history & culture in celebration of Black History Month. See my project page at Black History Month Campaign.
- Improve article Mars Pathfinder to include better English-language references, greater depth of coverage on scientific results, and greater breadth of coverage on the mission's place in both space exploration and popular culture.
- Write new articles detailing the scientific results of the various instruments used by Pathfinder. See my article on the Materials Adherence Experiment, and my draft on the Wheel Abrasion Experiment.
- Improve articles on NASA's STS missions to include follow-up on results and impact of the research they conducted and equipment they installed in orbit.
- Improve articles discussing Information Assurance and Information Security and find an equitable means of distinguishing between the two.
- Contribute to coverage on education and research vessels.
Community Project Participation
Wikipedia community projects to which I've contributed:
- WikiProject African Diaspora
- WikiProject Astronomy
- WikiProject Computer Security
- WikiProject Mars/Mars Spacecraft
- WikiProject Spaceflight