|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Babel & Boxes|
- Eoghanacht — describing the descendants of Eoghan Mór.
- I used to be active in a number of topics, but am mostly retired now.
Hall of Shame
Like any decent writer (which I do not claim myself to be), I push the envelope occasionally. Here are my articles that have been deemed unwikiworthy:
- Kool Korners Grocery (votes), a 20-year-old hip little hole-in-the-wall landmark sandwich shop in Atlanta. Even though I easily spotted several less significant establishments in Category:Restaurants, Kool Korners took the brunt of an anti-restaurant-"vanity" movement. Yet some content lives on in wikitravel:Atlanta!
- El Presidente (cocktail) (votes), a tasty little Cuban cocktail. It was actually my own idea to delete the Wikipedia entry, after moving the content to wikibooks:Bartending:El Presidente.
- Category:Wikipedians by input device (votes), a holding category for Category:Dvorak keyboard users and other input device user categories (should another Wikipedian wish to create them). I copied the organizational logic from Category:Wikipedians by text editor → Category:Nano users (&c.), yet others disagreed, so the Dvorak user category was moved to Category:Wikipedians without an intermediate group category.
- Category:Wikipedians by fields of interest (not voted on), was a category for users to identify themselves by encyclopedic topics that they were knowledgeable about or in which they specialized. It was redirected to a category for any interest, encyclopedic or not.
- Template:Part-of (votes), a general use navigational template appearing above the title bar.
- Baltimorons (votes), a harmless redirect from a term I have only ever heard in self-reference. Some Wikipedians have no sense of humor.
Hall of Fame
My most significant contribution to Wikipedia may be the Gutenberg author template, which I started on April 25, 2005.
- None to date.
- Coat of arms of Pope Benedict XVI, listed on January 12, 2006.
Did you know? articles:
- Hamilton Grange National Memorial (pictured), March 16, 2006 on the Main Page.
- Bollman Truss Railroad Bridge, April 3, 2006 on Portal:Trains.
- Carrollton Viaduct (pictured), April 7, 2006 on the Main Page.
- Thomas Viaduct, April 10, 2006 on Portal:Trains.
- Jefferson Pier, April 22, 2006 on the Main Page.
- National Park Seminary, October 27, 2006 on the Main Page.
- Sharps Island Light (pictured), January 16, 2007 on the Main Page.
- Laurance S. Rockefeller Preserve, June 26, 2008 on the Main Page.
- Becharof National Wildlife Refuge, May 14, 2009 on the Main Page.
- Father Millet Cross, May 22, 2009 on the Main Page.
- Northwestern Hawaiian Islands National Monument, June 15, 2006 on the Main Page.
- Baptistina family of asteroids, September 6, 2007 in the Current Events Portal.
References & Notes
|(Almost) no templates were used in these unencyclopediatic userboxes.|
|Multi-licensed into the public domain|
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.|