Geoffrey Allan Plauche (b. June 9, 1978)
Personal Website: gaplauche.com
Relevant Favorite Quotes
"Science is the organized skepticism in the reliability of expert opinion." - Richard Feynman
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya
"It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance." - Murray Rothbard
"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed - and hence clamorous to be led to safety - by menacing it with a series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." - H.L. Mencken
Louisiana State University, Ph.D., Political Science, May 2009
- Working Dissertation Title: "Aristotelian Liberalism: An Inquiry into the Foundations of a Free and Flourishing Society"
- Committee: Cecil Eubanks (Chair), Ellis Sandoz, James Stoner, Mark Schafer, Ian Crystal, Louis Day
- Fields: Political Philosophy/Theory, International Relations, Philosophy
Louisiana State University, M.A., Philosophy, December 2006
- Thesis: “Aristotelian-Liberal Autonomy”
Louisiana State University, M.A., Political Science, August 2004
- Thesis: “Tyranny, Natural Law, and Secession”
Louisiana State University, B.A.s, Dual Degrees in Political Science and History, May 2002
McNeese State University, August 1997 to May 1999
Military Training, Experience, and Awards
- Battalion Intelligence NCO, Sergeant (E-5), HHC 3rd/156th Mechanized Infantry Battalion, Louisiana Army National Guard, January 1996 to 2002. Also served as Environmental Compliance Officer and emergency Combat Lifesaver.
- Army Achievement Medal: For duties performed during summer Annual Training, 2001.
- Commandant’s List: Primary Leadership Development Course class of January 1999.
- Certificate of Commendation: For duties performed during summer Annual Training, 1997.
- Distinguished Graduate: United States Army Intelligence School, February 1997.
- Lifeguard/Swimming Instructor, YMCA/Sulphur Parks & Recreation, May to August 1999.
- 1st Degree Black Belt: Songahm Taekwondo, American Taekwondo Association, 1997.
|Search user languages|
Beliefs About Wiki-Editing