|Search user languages|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I'm a botanist/organismal biologist. I'm particularly interested in edible plants, and all the complications that arise with regards to both common names and scientific names for those. I fix various errors or unfortunate phrasings on Wikipedia (mostly in plant related articles) when I come across them, and try to contribute to articles related to my hobbies.
I think my favorite article at present is Urena lobata. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Is it a profound statement about inclusionism/deletionism? Commentary on the (non)-value of stubs? Is it perhaps the most meta article on Wikipedia?
Watchlist of changes to 500 most popular plants articles: Special:RecentChangesLinked/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Plants/Popular_pages
- CatScan v2 CatScan v3
- tool that fills out cite journal from DOI
- tool that fills out cite web from URL
- most edited plant articles (slow...)
- article info
- my contributions
- Assessment table update
- Popular pages interface
- Plant issues
- Plant articles with dab links
- Random article on Waray Wikipedia
- BONAP/Kartesz guidelines for formatting "common" (sic) names of plants. Good luck with that.
- Plant stub talk page watchlist. WP:OREGON has an extra talk page category so all talk changes in articles with project banner can be monitored at once. WikiProject X is also looking into talk page patrolling by project.
- Plant tagged redirects needing categorization