|Search user languages|
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I'm a botanist/organismal biologist. I'm particularly interested in edible plants, and all the complications that arise with regards to both common names and scientific names for those. I fix various errors or unfortunate phrasings on Wikipedia (mostly in plant related articles) when I come across them, and try to contribute to articles related to my hobbies. Internet identities aren't necessarily unique or centralized; I am not the same person as the Twitter user who goes by Plantdrew.
I think my favorite article at present is Urena lobata. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Is it a profound statement about inclusionism/deletionism? Commentary on the (non)-value of stubs? Is it perhaps the most meta article on Wikipedia?
Watchlist of changes to 500 most popular plants articles: Special:RecentChangesLinked/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Plants/Popular_pages
- CatScan v2 CatScan v3 PetScan
- tool that fills out cite journal from DOI
- tool that fills out cite web from URL another URL tool
- most edited plant articles (slow...)
- article info
- my contributions
- Assessment table update
- Popular pages interface New tool for pageviews
- Page views for all pages by project
- Plant issues
- Plant articles with dab links new link
- Template parameters (shows bad parameters in Taxobox)
- Random article on Waray Wikipedia
- Random article on Cebuano Wikipedia
- Well referenced bot created Cebuano taxon article ceb:Bodianus neilli
- Oh fuck, Lsjbot on Cebuano FTW. May as well shut down Wikispecies and let Lsjbot run Wikidata. ceb:Kermesia immaculata has a reference to the original description. Wikidata doesn't have the description ref, Wikispecies doesn't even have the species. Of course, it comes from CoL and the link for the CoL source (which apparently held the description ref) is dead, so there's that (but then again, the Swedish version has description ref for the synonyms, so there's that).
- BONAP/Kartesz guidelines for formatting "common" (sic) names of plants. Good luck with that.
- Plant stub talk page watchlist. WP:OREGON has an extra talk page category so all talk changes in articles with project banner can be monitored at once. WikiProject X is also looking into talk page patrolling by project.
- Plant tagged redirects needing categorization
- PETSCAN for redirects needing categorization