User talk:Courcelles/Archive 54
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 53||Archive 54||Archive 55|
- 1 Looie endorse
- 2 Pic problem
- 3 MacRobertsonGHS.png
- 4 Pac-10 images
- 5 TheSoundOfPerseverance jpg
- 6 Namakhoi municapality jpg
- 7 From Jean-François Monteil, alias Jean Kemper. Happy new year !
- 8 List of 1952 Winter Olympics medal winners
- 9 Restore the page of WKC - World Karate Confederation
- 10 User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper
- 11 User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper bis
I'm not sure what you mean by "setting up a recall instead of discussing" -- as far as I can tell, it was Dusti who required that he set up the recall.--SarekOfVulcan (talk) 00:20, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- I've removed that part of my comments, but I stand by the general point, which was this: A little more discussion could have ended this. A little more eating of crow, and a little less sticking to his guns, and this was over two days ago. The fact that an individual admin thinks the methods we have for determining community consensus is broken doesn't give carte blanche to an individual admin to override it. Finally, I hope Looie does stand at RFA. The odds are better than even I'll support it if he does. Any process, however, that separates "admins in good standing" from "editors in good standing" is fundamentally flawed and against the ethos of adminship and Wikipedia. I'll say my vote is about 30% "You really screwed up"; 30% "I'm very uncomfortable with a new/inexperienced admin who won't back down" and 40% "The community must decide (or their elected body, the ArbCom). Admins aren't a separate body than the community, which this process makes them." Courcelles 00:40, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
I can't use this image File:Captain Haima Film.gif in the article. I think, maybe, I need to re-upload it with another extension. I don't know. Any suggestions?--Capo (talk) 17:46, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
- can you copy, exactly, the error message you are receiving? (Also note that per NFCC, a fair-use image page should have a link to the article it is destined for, however, that is enforced by editors, not software, so white it should be fixed, it is not the origin of your problems.) Courcelles 22:26, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Captain Haima Film.gif
Thanks for uploading File:Captain Haima Film.gif. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of "file" pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "File" from the dropdown box. Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Courcelles 03:19, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
G'day Courcelles, Thanks for your diligent work finding and tagging orphaned images. I've made a response at File talk:MacRobertsonGHS.png. In short, I've commented the image out of the article because assuming good faith, I've been told that there is a logo that the school prefers and that this will be provided to me (soon). If possible, I'd like to keep the old version for a little longer just in case the offline user doesn't come through. Cheers. -danjel (talk to me) 04:02, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- No problem. You can just remove the deletion notice, and I'll do my damnest not to tag it again tonight when I work the database report. Courcelles 14:46, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for deleting them. They were in need of file name changes to reflect the new conference name and unfortunately, lacking admin powers and knowing that there's a significant backlog of file name move requests, the only way I can move them and other similar files is by uploading them under a new file name. --Kevin W./Talk•CFB uniforms/Talk 04:05, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
I'm a little confused why you have tagged the album cover for the The Sound of Perseverance as being ripe for speedy deletion. Clearly the album cover TheSoundOfPerseverance.jpg, as well as the earlier version, are used in the article about the album. Best, A Sniper (talk) 04:58, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- Note this edit. The version I tagged for speedy was only readded to the article yesterday. File:TheSoundOfPerseverance.jpg was removed from the article with that edit. I'll go so far to say that there is no chance at all you can use both File:TheSoundOfPerseverance.jpg and File:TheSoundOfPerseverance2011.jpg under the WP:NFCC; they're just too close to identical. One must be deleted. Courcelles 05:02, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Namakhoi municapality jpg
Thanks for alerting me to the fact that this logo was not being used any more. It has been correct and is now in use again, it seems it was removed in error when some one tried to upload a map onto the relevant wikipage, and so should no longer be considered a candidate for speedy deletion. --Discott (talk) 08:02, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- Good. A bot has removed the deletion notice. Courcelles 08:46, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
From Jean-François Monteil, alias Jean Kemper. Happy new year !
http:// grammaire-et-logique.tract-8.over-blog.com. Ce quatrième site examine les articles publiés dans Wikipedia se rapportant aux questions de grammaire et de logique. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:20, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- Roughly translated, this says, "The fourth site examines the articles published on Wikipedia related to questions on grammar and logic". Roughly. My French isn't exactly fresh. Now, what I can't quite figure out is what this has to do with me? Courcelles 10:59, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Dear Courcelles, it is you who have blocked me. You have been contacted by one Epsilon 0. (cur | prev) 23:32, 6 January 2011 Courcelles (talk | contribs) (25 bytes) (Blocked) (undo) I don't mind,nay I'm glad to make acquaintance with you. I've recently created a sort of site: http:// grammaire-et-logique.tract-8.over-blog.com thanks to which I'll be able to contribute in Wikipedia without running the risk to be deleted. Your French is perfect. That's the reason why I don't translate the presentation of my four areas of research and my four sites
Les quatre thèmes liés:
- réalité et importance du signe paradoxal que l'auteur appelle non-marque et qui consiste dans une absence signifiante de matière phonique.
- nécessité pour le bien de la logique et de la linguistique générale de remplacer le carré logique, dit carré d'Aristote ou carré d'Apulée, par l'hexagone logique de Robert Blanché. Le carré a pour origine le chapitre 7 du De interpretatione, deuxième livre de l'Organon aristotélicien. L'hexagone est décrit dans Structures intellectuelles, ouvrage publié chez Vrin en 1966.
- transmission d'Aristote par les Arabes à l'Occident chrétien à l'époque médiévale.
Les quatre lieux d'intervention sur la toile. Impossible to give you the list. I'm blocked. Type "knol 000" —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:56, 20 January 2011 (UTC) (22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:01, 20 January 2011 (UTC))
Hey. Now that I'm back from wikibreak, I'm planning to finish articles for the remaining redlinked athletes in the Swedish ice hockey team from 1952. I know it isn't really a pre-requirement of FLC to have no redlinks but do you think it'd be ready for one soon? Thanks, and a belated happy new year. Strange Passerby (talk • contribs) 11:11, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- I think it can be up by the end of the week... and I know I write this on Thursday morning. Been distracted trying to produce bare-bone lists for the others (Done 1960 and 2002, working on 1964). I changed the style on '48, this one, and the one's I'm making, because of the drama over that FLRC for '36 and a related RFC at WT:V, so despite adding tons of citations I haven't looked at the prose for '52 with more than the most cursory of glances, but it should be less work than all those citations were. (I also want to go back and make '36 look like the '48 one at FLC now does. It's not as elegant as they were, but if it keeps the FLRC monster away, so be it.) Courcelles 11:17, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Restore the page of WKC - World Karate Confederation
WKC is an official organization established in 1996, which means it has almost 15 years of history. It organizes international competitions worldwides. For the moment it has almost 80 member federations. WKC is an official member of TAFISA(http://www.tafisa.net/index.php?option=com_steckbriefe&view=category&catid=73&Itemid=94) which is an official member of International OlympicCOmmitte (http://www.olympic.org/en/content/the-ioc/governance/affiliate-organisations/all-recognised-organisations/). Legaly spoken WKC is officialy recognized by IOC. Is still any doubts provide explanations why other federations may be listed on Wikipedia... Wikipedia should be a free medium providing the real and correct information. So please act according this idea. For further questions please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org 20th January 2011
- No. Vandalizing a closed AFD with a personal attack is making me consider blocking you a lot more seriously than restoring the article. Since it is prima facie you have read the AFD, I see little reason to summarise the reasonings behind that unanimous consensus here. WP:DRV is available to you, however, another personal attack will result in my blocking your account indefinitely. Courcelles 12:19, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi, it is not a personal attack. Obviously if you consider a clarification by real fact as a personal attack it explains me the reason why you decided to delete the page. Anyway I am one of those people you were looking for. I was participating on WKC competition since 2005. And I am a medailst from the last World Championships in 2009 in Fort Lauderdale, FL USA. If you needed some other referneces - the president of the federation Marco Nicovic is an official advisor of Misinster of Justice in Serbia and is a vice president of . Other notable people you might be interested are Mr. Fritz Wendland - founding president of WKC and ex vice-president of WKF, Mr. Ronnie Watt (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/clenspace/rw_cv.htm), Mr. Joe Mirza - president of AAU USA, the biggest amateur sports orgznisation in the USA, etc. And the lst one - WKC is anofficial member of IMGC = International Martial Art Games Committee whose president is Mr. Chang is an official member of IOC. If you are still not sure about the existence or what evere of WKC please know recently a Korean post has issued the "commemorative stamp to celebrate the 4th International Martial Art Games to be held in February 2011 in the City of Tallinn." (http://wkc-org.net/2010/11/02/4th-interational-martial-art-games-of-the-imgc-in-tallinn-estonia/) And as already mentioned if you needed further information please contact me on email@example.com. If you did so I can provide my further personal details so you make sure the fact I am giving you are real... If you were looking for notable or competitors or winners here is the list: Elisa Aou - USA, world Champion WKC, WKF Arsen magomedov - RU, Medailist from World Championships WKF, European Champion WKC Tomas Reich - CZE - medailist European Ch. WKF, European Champion WKC etc. this is just an example.
- Honestly, if you can't see editing someone's comments so they begin "I am an idiot" as a personal attack, I'm not sure we are going to have the ability to communicate in a constructive manner. I also think you're having a problem with Wikipedia:Existence ≠ Notability. You can easily prove the WKC exists, you have however not offered any evidence it is notable with coverage in multiple, reliable, and independent sources. Your argument boils down to WP:NOTINHERITED, being associated with notable people does not make something notable by itself- the coverage must still exist. Like I said, WP:DRV is available as last recourse. Courcelles 14:37, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper
Revision history of User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper (cur | prev) 23:32, 6 January 2011 Courcelles (talk | contribs) (25 bytes) (Blocked) (undo)
(126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:27, 20 January 2011 (UTC))Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there currently is a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you. --Epsilon0 (talk) 18:40, 5 January 2011 (UTC).[This message from Epsilon 0 I found on the talk page of User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper just before the deletion by Courcelles] Have a look at the first message above from Jean-François Monteil. Yours friendly. Jean-François Monteil
(188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:29, 20 January 2011 (UTC))Dear Courcelles, it is you who have blocked me. You have been contacted by one Epsilon 0. (cur | prev) 23:32, 6 January 2011 Courcelles (talk | contribs) (25 bytes) (Blocked) (undo) I don't mind,nay I'm glad to make acquaintance with you........
(talk) 04:23, 21 January 2011 (UTC))!!!!!!!
OK, sorry for that I was a bit upset as I thought it is another attack from the federations rivals. BTW I am not sure about the notability. I provided the proofs - independent links to TAFISA which leads to IOC, if IOC is not a notable organisation I don't know - links are mentioned above.
People - Ronald Stewart Watt = owner of the Order of the Rising SUn awarded to him by His Majesty The Emperor of Japan in 2010 - wiwikipedia link , National Karate Institute link, - you can see the logo of WKC on the top of the page. Ronald Watt as a Director of Shotokan in WKC link — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kodyzak (talk • contribs) 15:58, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
If these information do not prove the notability of WKC I strongly recommend to delet the following pages WKF, WUKO, etc. as I their notability is doubtful as well. If not please let me know the difference.Kodyzak (talk) 16:02, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
- I still see trying to assert notability by association, which isn't going to work. What needs to be shown is that the WKC passes WP:CORP. (Also, Karate is not an Olympic event, so why is the IOC relevant in any way here?) Courcelles 16:10, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper bis
Revision history of User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper (cur | prev) 23:32, 6 January 2011 Courcelles (talk | contribs) (25 bytes) (Blocked) (undo)
(184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:27, 20 January 2011 (UTC))Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there currently is a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you. --Epsilon0 (talk) 18:40, 5 January 2011 (UTC).[This message from Epsilon 0 I found on the talk page of User:Jean-François Monteil de Quimper just before the deletion by Courcelles] Have a look at the first message above from Jean-François Monteil: From Jean-François Monteil, alias Jean Kemper. Happy new year !. Yours friendly. Jean-François Monteil
- Can you please give me an orderly presentation of what we're discussing? This is so disjointed that I'm not following. Courcelles 04:47, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
Kodyzak: NO I am not Jean-François Monteil And I am still trying to solve the situation about the WKC page restoration. I porivded a list of notable people with links to Wikipedia articles as well as independent web sites or even web newspapers... Kodyzak (talk) 07:52, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
- I already knew you weren't JFMdQ, that question was asked to the IP address. Too many conversations in too many threads here. Courcelles 07:54, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
WKC site to be restored Hi I am still waiting for the restoration of WKC page - all required information have been provided - notable people with independent references. Also the references to the organisation itself at IOC, TAFISA or IMGC. Kodyzak (talk) 10:17, 25 January 2011 (UTC)