Just so you Know
Thanks for speedying the Chanhassen_High_School article. Unfortunately, it's already been recreated. Might I recommend some salting (and perhaps a block?) →Bobby← 16:56, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
Whoops :). It looked offensive on first sight, and I must have missed the fact that it was the sandbox. --Nick123 (t/c) 17:24, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
Revert to my userpage
Thanks for the reversion a couple if days ago. I only just noticed it, hence the delay in saying "ta". Tonywalton | Talk 18:07, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
Ab Negative (band) deletion
Hi there I have not finished creating the article just yet, the preview was not bringing up all of the article so i tried saving it - I typed /referances instead of /ref in citing my sources.
Re: Thanks for the links! I'm about to include some positions they got on the UK punk charts that I think will qualify them as notable. Most of the credible bands they have played with have Wikipedia articles and I think they are justifiable to be in Wikipedia. Thanks again for all your help!
Re2: I've expanded the article a bit more but havn't quite finished polishing off the sources and the chart positions yet. I'll get on it as soon as I get back. I've backed up the text I've written just in case another mod deletes it in the mean time.
MErope, I did not mean to leave that on your front discussion page. However I think your deletion of the BOP is totally unjustifiied as it is a term popularized by AKon the rapper in his song, Gangsta Bop.
thanks—Preceding unsigned comment added by Robsports1 (talk • contribs)
Are you sure that I broke 3RR? I wasn't aware that I reverted more than 3 times in 24 hours.... Anyways, I will try to discuss it. Thanks, Khoikhoi 18:24, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I only edit war when I'm in a bad mood (like today). I suggest that you try asking Jossi about it, who's made some comments about Rumi's Muslim-ness in the past. What do you think? Khoikhoi 18:29, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- Haha, it's not as bad as some things I've seen. :-) Later, Khoikhoi 18:38, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
I've removed the tag until a clear consensus can be reached. I've also notified Jossi. Cheers, Khoikhoi 03:10, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
deletion of article "Best of Rockers'n' Ballads"
You deleted it while I was busy refining the format to conform to other album pages for this group/artist.
What exactly was your issue with it as a work in progress?
AllanDeGroot 18:28, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
I added in the basic track information first and saved it with the intent of rectifying fonts and format to conform to similar pages for the same artist/group as an edit. I did it that way because it's stormy here and in such conditions my electrical power is prone to interruptions. then when I want back to adjust the format and fonts to match the pages for the other albums it told me the page had been deleted when I went to complete the edit...
"too quick on the trigger" is the way I though of your deleting it, but I got it "fixed" and restored.
Is it improper if I regard text highlighted in red as "something that's missing" and try to "fill in" the "missing" information?
But by and large I mainly stick to technical articles, mostly automotive. and while I'm thinking about it I'd like to buy a beer for whoever put the Ford Ranger page under protection.
AllanDeGroot 19:40, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
Deletion of "Xzite" article.
I'm wondering why the Xzite article was deleted. I must not be the first person who's tried to make one. How come Wikipedia doesn't have an article on it? There must be something I'm missing here. Was the article too short? Is the product a scam? I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. I'm looking for information on the product and I usually turn to Wikipedia first. Finding no article here, I thought it would be a good idea to create one.
BenFenner 20:41, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
Is there any problems on hpw to put videos on to Wikipedia —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stone not Wood house (talk • contribs) 12:14, 3 December 2006 (UTC).
I just noticed that you'd turned the temp block into a perm block on Colleen and Vanessa, and their exchange on their talk page. Thanks for gettin' my back, homie. -FisherQueen 13:09, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Guess who??!!! i am a good friend of Colleenvanessa (BTW-it is one person...NOT Colleen AND Vanessa.) and she has her ways and she will come and bug you in different ways that you cannot even imagine. This is not a thret, she just tole me to tell you, so all i am doing is passing along a message. I think that you are FABULOUS!!!! you should be the ruler of the world you show NO mercy to the people and i love it!!!!! teach me how to be like you!!! loeson
- I can't believe that Colleenvanessa's new sockpuppet messaged you and not me! I'd noticed loeson's new page a moment ago... Well, you may have gotten the message, but I got mentioned right there on her talk page, with a misspelled insult. Nyah nyah. -FisherQueen 20:15, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
I have the book "Think Big". The information that I put on the page is DIRECTLY from the book. If it is also on that website, then it was there, but I didn't copy. Please do not delete it. I took alot of time to type that from book to web. Thanks! :) Msrevolution 16:05, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
So how should I explain a principle from the book? The title of the book itself is an acronym. Please explain. Msrevolution 16:11, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Glass Wave Enterprises
Hi, why was the post for Glass Wave Enterprises deleted? This is public domain information on a publicly traded company —Preceding unsigned comment added by Chesterafield (talk • contribs)
...And it's back, or at least some variation of it: "glass wave enterprises". --Calton | Talk 01:49, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
"ABI Research" article deletion
I just posted an article, "ABI Research". It disappeared shortly thereafter, and a deletion log note says you deleted it. Why, please?
Davidhalperin 20:13, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Merope: I noticed that you deleted a page earlier today that I marked for speedy deletion - thanks. Since you obviously work in this area and I have only marked a few articles for speedy deletion, I wanted to ask your view on an article and my actions.
Earlier today, I noticed the creation of a page that I thought was suspect - Takis Mpountalas by a new user Fousekis. I marked it with Template:db-nn and moved on. Later, I noticed that the Fousekis had done further work on the article and had deleted the notice. I responded to this by making this post on the user's talk page. These events have lead me to wonder: 1)Did I do the right thing initially in marking the article for speedy deletion? 2)If so, did I use the correct tab? 3)There have been further edits by another user (Mitsaras o Varys), but I still wonder whether this article is for real.
Thanks in advance for your counsel. I know I could just step away from the article and leave it to others to consider, but I am trying to understand how I can help police Wikipedia when I run into things that I think are problems. --Tlmclain | Talk 20:24, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
- Merope: Thank you for taking the time to respond. Every now and then, I decide to watch the new pages or recent changes and try to take a crack at vandalism. However, since I spend far more time creating or improving articles, I get a bit nervous about whether I am doing the right thing. Your reassurances help and your quick discussion was far more helpful than just reading WP:CSD. Thanks again! --Tlmclain | Talk 20:57, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Further to my query about the deletion of the article I posted today on ABI Research, I looked up the notation "csd g11" and found:
"Blatant advertising. Pages which exclusively promote a company, product, group or service and which would need to be fundamentally rewritten in order to become encyclopedic. Note that simply having a company, product, group or service as its subject does not qualify an article for this criterion: an article that is blatant advertising should have inappropriate content as well." (Emphasis added)
If that article, which was entirely factual and made no unverifiable claims, constitutes "blatant advertising", then the articles for other industry analysts (Gartner, Forrester, et al), some of which are far more "promotional" should be instantly deleted as well; but they remain. At worst (Gartner), they are tagged as needing to have promotional content reduced or eliminated. I'd appreciate hearing your rationale for instant deletion, without discussion, of an article which simply stated the facts about a well-established company and the industries it serves.
- Thank you for laying out your reasoning. I will try to improve the article and resubmit. (It does stike me, though, that when it comes to any company, evidence in support of its being "notable" could almost always be construed as "promotional", even if it's praise from a third party.) I stand by my comments about the much less objective content of some other industry analyst articles. I'm new here, so I'm not going to be messing with other people's pages at this stage, but check it out. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Davidhalperin (talk • contribs) 22:47, 4 December 2006 (UTC).
sorry for the warning
my anti vandal bot went wrong and it detected u. sorry
Can you check all the edit of this user.including on pages that where deleted.check the history of this oneJoey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo.It's possible that actually redirects wher deleted.--Zigzag8 20:17, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo was a redirect to moes tavern,he changed it too .. look it your self.--Zigzag8 20:24, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
How do you get thoes diddilys on the side of your userpage. I think that they are super cool and i would like to have some on my page. If you could get back to me A.S.A.P that would be gerat. Thanks! Vcaonlelsesean 17:53, 6 December 2006 (UTC)Vcaonlelsesean
- Notice that this user's name is an acronym for User:Vanessacolleen and User:Colleenvanessa. -FisherQueen 17:55, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- Blocked, blocked, blocked. Girls, it's time to grow up and do something productive with your time. -- Merope 18:00, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- They're so fixated on me. And they seem to think that I'm spending a lot of time and emotional energy on them. I would hate to disappoint them by telling them that I really don't think about them at all except when their pages show up on my watchlist... and even then, I don't really care all that much. -FisherQueen 18:26, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- My guess is that you're the first lesbian they've "met". One of their comments said something about how that grosses them out, I think? Also, I'm having real trouble remembering what they did in the first place to get them all riled up at you. All I remember were personal attacks and petty childishness. Whatever, girls. Again, I say, grow up. -- Merope 18:38, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
- Originally, if I recall correctly, I reverted one or two pieces of vandalism they put up when they first joined. Nothing all that major. And I don't think I was the only person reverting them, either. So fixated on the lesbian... maybe Colleen or Vanessa wants to be more than a friend to Vanessa or Colleen, and isn't sure how to go about it. Really FOCUSED homophobes are often repressing their own gayness, they say. -FisherQueen 18:44, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
I am a newer user and still do not understand everything. Could you please tell me what I did wrong when posting information for the H500 Bluetooth Headset and how I can correctly post that information? Thank you. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Accessory Person (talk • contribs) 17:36, 7 December 2006 (UTC).
A little tidbit
Hello there! i have to dissagree with the statement above. Colleen and Vanessa are definatly NOT gay! Only you are FisherQueen! They go to an all girls school, so definitly you aren't the first lez that they have met! Trust me, they have met plenty of gay people. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by ElizabethKaroline (talk • contribs) 18:38, 7 December 2006 (UTC).
- Then it is all the more distressing that they have not yet learned how to be compassionate, open-minded individuals. -- Merope 18:43, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
Actually we do! We just don't really like gay femaales. They creep us out!!!! And can you please tell me how you creat userboxes because i think that they are cool and i would like to have some!!! sorry that i didn't sign my lats comment, i forgot!!!! ElizabethKaroline 18:48, 7 December 2006 (UTC)ElizabethKaroline
- I'm not really inclined to help someone who openly admits being prejudiced. Secondly, you should know that Wikipedia is not a social networking site and that userpages of people who have no contributions to the encyclopedia are often deleted. Making a userpage just because you think it's fun does not contribute to our project. If you want to make a fun profile page, go to MySpace. If you end up making legitimate contributions to our project, then you can have a userpage that helps other editors identify you. Otherwise it's just a waste of time. -- Merope 18:59, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
I will abide by the Wikipedia rules if...you tell me how to use userboxes!!!!!! ElizabethKaroline 00:21, 8 December 2006 (UTC)ElizabethKaroline
You were right the first time :-)
Why did you revert your revert on my talk page? :-) My new best friend from Boston is pissed that he's been blocked from his favourite target -- spewing profoundly libelous crap on Prussian Blue (duo). For the background, see User_talk:220.127.116.11 and User talk:18.104.22.168. -- Jim Douglas (talk) (contribs) 04:50, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
My heartfelt apologies. I certainly did not intend to use your talk page as soapbox. In fact, according to the meaning of that word, I don't see how commenting on previous comments leads to your unexpected designation and subsequent reverts. All the best, 22.214.171.124 19:15, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
I need a favor, if you please...
I have decided to take a Wikibreak for awhile in order to work on a script. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to force myself to stop coming here everyday and patrolling the recent changes. I think I need some "encouragement." So, I am asking you to block me for a month---is that possible? I recall seeing other editors put on forced Wikibreak in the past. Let me know if this is a possibility. I'd appreciate it. -Your fellow Bloomingtonian, --Charles 21:49, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think we're supposed to do that. I'll look into it, but I think forced Wikibreaks are frowned on. Perhaps you can get a friend to change your password for you so you can't log in? -- Merope 21:51, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hmmm... ok. I will certainly trust your judgement on this, given that you are an administrator. I have a vague recollection of the idea, but it was from quite some time ago. Of course, I could just exercise some restraint and not log-in. But, the friend-changing-the-password scenario is an interesting idea. ---Charles 22:12, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- That may not be kosher, either, but it's what I used to do on a messageboard I was addicted to. I changed my password to something like "chump" and had a friend log in and change it to something else. Of course, with a site like this, you'll probably just edit as an anon. :) -- Merope 22:24, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
- Y'know, quite frankly, that exact thought crossed my mind. Fact is, if I cannot control myself from logging on and editing, it will not matter if this account is blocked or not---'cause I'll just edit using the IP address, and it won't be the least bit different. I just have to be disciplined, not that that has ever been easy for me. Thanks for your thoughts. ---Charles 00:02, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
The Novels WikiProject Newsletter: Issue VII - December 2006
The December 2006 issue of the Novels WikiProject newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you.
This is an automated delivery by grafikbot 23:44, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
I am having a problem with an apparently unregistered user User:126.96.36.199 who has targeted a quote on my page about Paganism and said I was a bigot. I lost my temper and repsonded to this anonymous user calling them a devil worshiper and saying that I don't beieve that Paganism is one step away from Satanism but that they actually were Satanists. Of course, I know this was something pretty stupid to say but I was trying to get this person's goat! Since what I said was not my real opinion and since the IP address is iopen to anyone who may use a Northeastern Univ. computer I removed what I said at this anon IP address.
Well, since this person has so far just targeted me for harassment he replaced my words. I don't think this is correct. I feel that I should be able to remove something on an anon IP's talk page. Someone else at this IP address who has noting to do with the feud may be offended. Since this person originally claimed that they were offended by my original quote, "Paganism is one step away from Satanism," he just wants to keep replacing my quotes to contiue problems.
I regret losing my temper but I don't condone the behavior of this anonymous user and, in fact, believe that he also has an account but prefers to attack me anonymously so that he can have te best of both worlds. I don't want to continue feuding with this person I wish I didn't respond the way I did or at all and I think that I should be able to remove my words at this IP address. I also feel that this person should use their account to target me and not do it in this underhanded way. The reason I believe he has an account is because he knows how to edit too well.
Could you please advise me and hopefully permanently remove my responses to this character. Thank you for your help and I'm sorry to have lost my temper and responded so childishly. Dwain 04:10, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- I'm curious. Why is this user's page  even allowed on Wikipedia? It is blatantly offensive to Muslims, pagans, and homosexuals, to name only a few groups mentioned therein. 188.8.131.52 06:08, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- I will look into this situation tomorrow morning. I will say two things off the bat: one, I believe that personal attacks can be removed from a page, and that goes especially for instances where the offender has apologized for his or her actions and wants to move on. I do not know if policy backs up my opinion, but I think that in order to come to a resolution, parties should be willing to remove this sort of content from the page. Two, userpages are not subject to our policies concerning a neutral point of view. While I disagree with many of Dwain's views, he is entitled to them and his userpage explaining his positions helps elucidate his POV that may occasionally creep into his edits. The userpage does not engage in any personal attacks; thus, I believe it is permissible under our policies for userpages. As for the dispute itself, I'll check into that tomorrow when I've had a bit of sleep. If you need more immediate attention than that, you're welcome to request admin intervention at WP:AN/I. Goodnight. -- Merope 07:17, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- My reading of [] regarding "Polemical statements" seems to indicate that Dwain's page is in clear violation of the userpages policy. (Dwain, please do no remove my comments from another user's talk page.) 184.108.40.206 07:38, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you Merope for your willingness to look into this matter. I only started to add quotes on my page after I found out that other users were adding quotes onto their pages. In fact, I found to my surprise that at least two users were quoting me on their userpages. One of the quotes that appears on my userpage is one of the quotes that someone else is quoting on their own page. Since this user was acting like I was trying to hide this comment I put it on my page. These unregistered IP addressees could very well be the same person. I will refrain from communicating with these IPs and will wait for your full opinion. Thanks again. I'm very sorry to have bothered you. You helped settle a dispute a few months ago between me and another user over the Ouija article. Again that was another case of me letting the other person get to me and my arguing back in anger. Thanks again for your help and have a good weekend. Dwain 18:23, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
- Dwain, I assure you I am posting only from this IP address. (You may want to learn how to use traceroute to get some sense of where anonymous posters are likely from.) Also, please do not delete anonymous comments on other users' talk pages. They are explicitly permitted by Wikipedia policy. 220.127.116.11 19:32, 9 December 2006 (UTC)
Thank you so much for your reasoned post on Talk:Nelson Rockefeller. I'm hopeful that cool heads will prevail here - while I'm always up for a challenge, or a good argument, this one is out of control. Let's see what happens. Tvoz 18:07, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Hello, is anybody there?
This is the third time that i have left you a message!!!! i am getting a little anoyed, but i am not going to do anything but ask my question again!!!! HOW DO YOU SREAT USERBOXES!!!! I would appericiate if you responded to me!!! ElizabethKaroline 18:25, 11 December 2006 (UTC)ElizabethKaroline
Deleted Page - BrainKeeper
You recently deleted the BrainKeeper page with the reasoning that it was not a 'notable' page. I have been working with several other administrators to get the content of the page to meet the standards of Wikipdia, and neither of them mentioned an issue with notability (see my talk page).
I am new to the process of posting, so I am interested in knowing what it means to be 'notable'. I was following the same convention as Atlassian Confluence, Central Desktop and a few other companies who offer wiki products, so I would very much like to understand what I am not doing properly.
Thank you for your help.
Cganske 17:02, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
Deleted Page - Exeutive Linguist Agency
Revert it back right now. I'm working on it. The business is important to the city of Manhattan Beach and is a notable article. It is not advertising. Revert it back.
Deleted Page - Merscom LLC
I wanted to see why this page was deleted. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Merscomman (talk • contribs) 21:02, 12 December 2006 (UTC).
Help if you can-
Hi Merope, You've helped me in the past, so I'm hoping you may be able to help me now. I am dealing with a sensitive issue that I can't address on a public talk page. If it's not too much trouble for you to email me at email@example.com, or call me at 1-800-220-9400 ext. 130 (Kathy)I can explain and perhaps you'll have some advice. If you can't, that's okay, just respond to my talk page and I'll try to think of something else. Sorry to be cryptic, but you'll understand if I explain it to you. Thanks in advance Kathjim 21:36, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
The "Help name my baby" Poll has closed :). Greta Annette was born 12/12/06. She weighs 6lbs 14oz and is 19inches long. Mother and baby are both doing fine. Thanks for all the suggestions!
To keep this slightly Wikipedia related I have started Adopt a State, so adopt your state article today! -Ravedave (help name my baby) 03:44, 15 December 2006 (UTC)
Please see my discussion on the talk page for Albert Bierstadt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Albert_Bierstadt). There seem to be continual battles regarding external links. Of the three on the Bierstadt article, I feel only mine can be justified as enhancing the article. I feel links to commercial art galleries are inappropriate. I feel links to single museums are inappropriate. I would like to have a real discussion of this, so I chose the Bierstandt article. Please add comments there and give your feedback. Thanks. JJ 13:58, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
Being an admin coach
Hi Merope. Would you still like to be an admin coach? If so, I would like to match you with User:Qrc2006. Please let me know if this is ok. Thank you! --Fang Aili talk 21:00, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
- FYI, I'm going to take you off the admin coaches list. Cheers! --Fang Aili talk 14:55, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, ok! No problem. --Fang Aili talk 15:00, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Joey Jordison Drum Solo
i was creating an article on joey jordisons drum solo from slipknot and you deleted it, it hurt my feelings, and made me emo, why did you do that?
Chanhassen High School True? Yes
As per your Deletion and protection of the Chanhassen High School page which was labeled "nonsense" and was deleted. Not only did user fight to keep the page up(unfortunately a little out of control) But in fact all of it is true. For proof please visit Chanhassen High school This website verify's all of the information that was originally posted(and deleted because of closed minded individuals) I look forward to the Chanhassen High School pege being returned to wikipedia. Carlbad 15:16, 19 December 2006 (UTC)
Why did you erase my article? You, ma'am, should play this game. Perhaps if you spent more time reading articles rather than deleting them, you'd partake in the enjoyment I was hoping to spread among other Wikipedians. The article is of utmost legitimacy and relevence to the Wikipedia realm. It is not vandalism.
Re: Deletion of Article - Dog Walkers
I notice you deleted my article while I was in the process of editing, with the reasons of g 11 and g12 noted.
I was in the process of creating an article for which there were no existing articles, using content contributed from my organization and input from several dog walkers. If this is "self promotion" I apologize and will happily ammend the information to include the further references and links which I was attempting to edit in. In addition, all information that was used was not in violation of any copyright. I am the author.
Please respond with the actions I should take to ensure this article is completed within your standards.
--Acpsn 18:56, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
By adding Bio templates, I am hoping to reduce the number of AfDs by giving these new editors help sources that are particular to their article. It looks like I can offset the New page list. I could delay my Bio template tags by putting the offset= to whatever number you think would avoid the present problems, e.g., 50, 100, 150. I'm not sure how long speedy delete articles last. If I only tagged the articles that appear on New pages 51-100, would that solve the problem? -- Jreferee 19:00, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- Each of my bio tags require that I determine whether the person is living or dead and which work group(s), if any, might be relevant to what is discussed in the article. Obviously, I read the article to get that information. Apparently, there already is a schedule of people working the new articles to tag those that need SD tagging. I do not want my actions to interfere with that process as in the incidents you already identified. You are right in that some SD material might get passed the initial SD taggers. Also, there are some SD tagged articles that might be saved by placing bio tags on the talk page and yes I will make learning mistakes. It looks like an offset of 50 articles gives the SD tagging crew enough time to make their SD determination and to act on it. If additional kinks crop up, please feel free to contact me to work it out. -- Jreferee 19:24, 20 December 2006 (UTC)
- Hi again, Merope. I just discovered the project page Wikipedia:New pages patrol. Now that I have some understanding of the new page process, I'll hold off tagging the talk page until I become more familiar with NP patrol so that perhaps I can combine both. -- Jreferee 20:44, 20 December 2006 (UTC) P.S. I've only been on Wikipedia for two months and I know that I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for being kind in view of my causing you more work.
Actually, though, on second thought...
Might I refer you to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Pong
How is this legitimate if Wiki Racing is not? Something "you randomly made up at school one day" does not qualify for article status -- it's only the things "you randomly made up at school one drunken night" that make the cut? Odd, to say the least.
Yeah, we're a bit tenacious. But hey, at least it spices up the dull hours of office work.
deletion of page
Could you please explain the reason why you deleted the Cat and Fiddle Arcade article, because you have not given a reason for doing so, apart from (CSD R1).
I was about to upload a photo of the arcade and add it to the article, to show the reason why the arcade has the name it does. But when I checked the page, I discovered that you had deleted the article. Figaro 03:16, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
You might be interested in Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard#User:Az haris & UserAz84haris. Cheers. CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 18:06, 24 December 2006 (UTC)
"I am concerned that this [M.I.M.E. Program article] doesn't meet notability standards"
I am a graduate student in Immersive Mediated Environments at Indiana University, Bloomington. Ours is a very serious and cutting edge interactive media program and I feel it's perfectly justifiable for current students and alumni to provide links to their on-going new media projects in development. In fact, I cannot really understand why this article has been flagged for 'notability' concerns. I would ask the Wikipedia editor, Merope, to please explain her rationale and I, along with my peers in the program and certain of the professors, will be happy to make the adjustments necessary for our article to comply with Wikipedia's standards. As for citations--or other evidence of the validity of I.U.'s M.I.M.E. Program--I'm certain we can produce numerous examples of the above. Providing up-to-date information on multimedia (art and tech) projects in development at a top national university strikes me as one of the most critically valuable services a revolutionary encyclopedia such as wikipedia could possibly offer. I look forward to your response.
Thanks very much,
--SPENCER STRIKER 14:43, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
Hello Merope, I have responded to you on the discussion section of our MIME Program article. I have forwarded your comments to the Mimesters and we'll be in touch soon. Thanks very much for your prompt and considerate attention to our article.
--SPENCER STRIKER 22:25, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
Happy new year
Hi - all's quiet on the western front, as they say, so I think we've moved on. Thanks again for your help in that matter. As long as I have you.... I have another admin-type question that I can't seem to find an answer to: if user accounts have a temporary block, I thought I read that they are allowed to continue writing on their own user talk page - and only there - during the block. Is there written policy about this that I could look at? And is there some kind of limit to what one can do on one's own talk page during a block? Thanks - and the real reason I stopped by - happy new year! Tvoz | talk 01:15, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
A policy question
What's Wikipedia policy on blatant advertising on a userpage? Should I remove it, ignore it, or tell a friendly neighborhood admin? -FisherQueen 19:42, 29 December 2006 (UTC)