Hello, welcome to Wikipedia. Here are some useful links in case you haven't already found them:
Tip: you can sign your name with ~~~~
snoyes 18:55, 14 Dec 2003 (UTC)
Hi there. Welcome to Wikipedia. When you get a chance, drop us a note at Wikipedia:New user log to introduce yourself.
- You can sign your name on talk pages by using " ~~~ " for your username and " ~~~~ " for your username and a timestamp.
- The Wikipedia Tutorial is a good easy-to-follow guide to editing Wikipedia.
- Welcome is another good place to start.
- Wikipedia:How does one edit a page gives editing help.
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style gives formatting info.
- Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines tell about the principles we operate on. It's important, but don't try to read it all now.
- Wikipedia:Help covers a broad range of useful topics.
- Wikipedia:Village pump is a place to ask questions.
- Wikipedia:Show preview explains how to double-check your edits before saving.
You should also feel free to drop me a question on my talk page. If you've got spare time, you should considir working on some of Wikipedia's open tasks.
Wikimedia UK/Wikimania 2006
Hi, this is a circular to Wikipedians in Ireland to draw your attention to Wikimedia UK, where the establishment of a local Wikimedia chapter for the United Kingdom (and possibly for the Republic of Ireland) is being discussed. See the talk page, as well as the mailing list; a meetup will take place to discuss matters in London in September, for anyone who can get there. On another topic, plans are being drawn up for a UK bid for Wikimania 2006, which would be conveniently close to Ireland. On the other hand, Dublin's bid was one of the final three last year - might we bid again? --Kwekubo 04:22, 31 August 2005 (UTC)
Image:Wikipedia-articles.gif listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:Wikipedia-articles.gif, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Calliopejen1 (talk) 13:02, 2 December 2008 (UTC)