|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
You were right...
That IP spamming the sitar article is right up the 101 in San Mateo. I've blocked it for a month and I'll semi-protect the article for a little while. Hopefully, he'll get the message. Thanks for letting me know. --PMDrive1061 (talk) 16:22, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
Reverting changes done in Mumbai Page for Alpha City Ranking
Hi there,, Well I have undid the changes done by IP as Mumbai Already in Alpha city ranking page and http://www.diserio.com/gawc-world-cities.html ranking. Anyways I m reverting your changes back. KuwarOnline (talk) 08:04, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
- If you are adding with a ref, I have no problem. cheers. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 15:48, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
Hi SpacemanSpiff - thanks for the suggestions on the RKN books. I've begun, and am thoroughly enjoying, Swami and Friends. There are two more headed my way (Malgudi Days and Gods, Demons...), which I'll save for vacation. I hope to pitch in on those articles at some point, but I'm heading toward a very busy couple of months. Regards, Priyanath talk 03:35, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- Glad to hear that. Swami is absolutely enjoyable, and both sets of short stories you've got are good too, though you'll probably finish reading them in a very short while. BTW, if you could take a look at R. K. Narayan and and spend a few minutes to comment on the talk page on what it'll take for the article to get to GA/FA that'd be good. I've been too wrapped in the details and I think fresh pairs of eyes would really help in showing what all I've missed and what I've given undue importance to. cheers. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 03:40, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
To me, there are few things on this site more annoying than someone like that who just keeps on blindly doing his thing without having the decency to respond to concerns of other editors like you. I think our friend will be taking a long-overdue time out. Thanks as always for the alert. My pleasure to assist you. --PMDrive1061 (talk) 05:24, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- Done and done. This user is taking an unscheduled one week vacation. The article is semi-protected for two weeks just in case he wants to try the sockpuppet route. You need me, you call me, capeesh? :) --PMDrive1061 (talk) 05:32, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
Listen bro, I make the changes back to the original state of the Khatri page, with everything up to that point have citated references from acredited sources, unlike some users who come on the board (mostly people of non-Khatri origin, like Banias, people from other parts of India, particulary the south) who try to manipulate and "try" to change history. No can do my friend.....so dont mess with the page please. Thanks
- There are a few problems with your comment above - no one is prevented from editing a page, it doesn't matter what caste, creed or race they are, you don't own the page and finally, and yes, anyone can edit the page. So, you have two choices - work within Wikipedia's policies of collaborative editing or play with your toys elsewhere. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 14:47, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
I do work with Wiki's policies, however, I see many people on the Khatri page that do not!!! They post information without first discussing it. How do you answer that my friend????
By all means, please go ahead and make edits......BUT ONLY after you have discussed it on the discussion board and people have approved the edits. Otherwise, don't try it. And besides, I believe any creed, caste should have the opportunity to make changes, however, there are obviously exceptions to this if those people from those groups are posting ambiguous information, causing confusion, and falsifying the heritage of another group (Khatris). So in effect, they are devaluing another group's (Khatris) history. Now, what do you have to say??
Hey SpaceStiff, why do you keep changing the Khatri page? You are posting bogus and false information by participating in the changes made by others who provide no credible resources or facts to back their claims. I will have you blocked from the page if you keep on doing this. And why do you not ever reply, it only shows your guilt I guess
- You are sadly mistaken. I'm not the one that is being disruptive here, you have been edit warring with multiple editors and have already been blocked. Today, right after your block, you came and did two more reverts. Good luck to you. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 02:20, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Hey, its KhatriNYC. I have not been in any edit wars with anyone. I just don't understand why people like you and some others come to the Khatri page and make changes without first explaining or discussing your changes on the discussion board. All i do is place the article it its in original intact state, and if people want to make a change, they should at least first discuss it and provide a citation. you have failed to do this, so I don't even know why you get involved if you dont even provide content to the page. - KhatriNYC —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:14, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
- Your last 250 contributions show that you are in a constant edit war with every editor on the page. You do not discuss, you just abuse everyone in talk pages and edit summaries. This is a good example. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 02:26, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
I added a short comment regarding the R. K. Narayan article. I'd like to help out with the editing, but I'm getting close finally to going away for a bit, and then my life gets very busy. When things get back to normal I'll look at it again. Priyanath talk 21:57, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- Saw it, thx, I'll address these over the next few days, I decided to take a break of a few days from the article. Have a good vacation. cheers. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 00:19, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
Pullad, part II
Looks as if our friend is taking a 31-hour timeout for disruptive editing. Someone else beat me to him. I really need to leave more messages here; love what you did with that Alicia Silverstone picture...! --PMDrive1061 (talk) 14:08, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
I like road signs. I just happen to like this better. :) I'll have to thank whomever it was that reverted that big block of text; not much I can do for a village in India when I'm sitting in Southern California. Gotta run, but hey, you know where my talk page is if you have any more issues with slightly misguided users. See ya! --PMDrive1061 (talk) 15:06, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
- Give me a couple of days on this one; I tend to be a bit more partial to NGOs/NPOs, and I haven't found anything on a basic search yet. Maybe some local language press exists, will try to get that, if not, AfD on Saturday. cheers. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 00:41, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
- Haven't been able to find anything at all outside of their website despite a lot of trying (and I hate to see such pages go). So, I'd say go for PROD, it's likely non-controversial. cheers. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 18:11, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
I see where you removed the technology part that I added to the India article. I will leave that out. However, the Goa part has been rewritten and put back in. This is because the previous sentence describes unresolved terriorial claims, which is a good preface for the resolved territorial claims. Goa is one of them. India drove Portugal out and now everyone recognizes the India governing of Goa.
Another thing, I feel like leaving more comments on your user talk page because when somebody does, above the edit area is a picture of a naked woman. This is art. Suomi Finland 2009 (talk) 19:13, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
- The India article is an FA and is already filled with significant content and is quite large. Therefore, new content should be added in only when it fits in with the summary view presented within the article. In many cases, a lot of information that many editors feel should be included is not, because such information is rightly covered in the "daughter" articles. The Goa information is correctly covered in Political integration of India and also Portuguese India links to which are in the navigational template within the India article. In articles like this where the content has passed FA review, the article is already very large and uses a summary style, it is best to discuss addition of content on the talk page - Talk:India before you add anything. Hope this helps. Happy editing. cheers. -SpacemanSpiffCalvin‡Hobbes 19:26, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
- Now quite happily done.  MichaelQSchmidt (talk) 19:28, 27 September 2009 (UTC)