User talk:The Halo/Archive01
- 1 Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy
- 2 Moon
- 3 Regarding refuge
- 4 Your posting on Jimbo's talk page
- 5 The Flipside of Dominick Hide
- 6 Innocent Banning
- 7 Your userpage was briefly delisted by a rogue admin
- 8 Thanks for nominating me for adminship!
- 9 Thanks
- 10 hurry up with it!
- 11 Template:FA Premier League teamlist vandalism
- 12 Double Coffee
- 13 Date
- 14 Smile like you mean it
- 15 Welcome to Esperanza!
- 16 hello
- 17 My RFA
- 18 More Smiling
- 19 BOPP'D!
- 20 re: WP-100
- 21 Bop
- 22 Another Smile!
- 23 Thank-you
- 24 Frown!!
- 25 Another Smile While We Still Can...
- 26 Welcome to the Barnstar Brigade!!
- 27 ¡Hola!
- 28 WikiLove!
- 29 Re:Stress
- 30 Thanks!
- 31 Shakespeare
- 32 Jake Remington vandal
- 33 Re: Expensive redirect to Playstation 3
- 34 allo
- 35 A haiku of thanks
- 36 A very sad thank you
- 37 WP:VAIN thanks
- 38 Re:Hope this helps
- 39 EVIL!
- 40 ¡Hola!
- 41 thanks
- 42 Featured article comment
- 43 My RfA
- 44 Thank you
Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy
I wish people can understand the message of profit Mohammed god bless him. He his very gentle and can never ever harm any one. We as muslims, should than those people who are humilating our profit becase the make us love him more and more every day; moreover, they make our believes and values stronger.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I'm glad that you love Mohammed so much, but i'm a Buddhist and have no interest in the Cartoons other than from the view of making sure that Wikipedia is being used in the right way. If you could also sign you name in future it would help. It's a bit differcult writting to someone with no name :p The Halo
- Hey thanks for leaving me a compliment. I was just trying to get people to make sense out of the situation. It just infuriated me when arguments were presented over and over again that were entirely based upon false assumptions. And yes, my ethinicty is East Asian so I usually find it fairly annoying when people think the world revolves around the middle east and the far east, even though it holds at least a third to a half of the world's population is ignored. Buddhism is perhaps one of the most peaceful religions that I know exist. I have yet to see a true buddhist commit a violent act. Hitokirishinji 09:09, 6 February 2006 (UTC)
- No, I'm not buddhist myself. I guess I could be classified as spiritual but not truely religious. I grew up with a christian background but my family is ethnically Chinese so my parents followed traditional Chinese buddhist/doaist religion so I know quite a bit about other religions. I've been to buddhist temples many times.
Hitokirishinji 10:17, 9 February 2006 (UTC)
I bid my welcome to a fellow Moonie :) I was wondering how long it would take for that cat to start filling up with people. Take care!—Ëzhiki (ërinacëus amurënsis) 16:13, 8 February 2006 (UTC)
Hi! I've asked PHG for a comment on our discussion. With a bit of luck we will have more input. If there is none, I'll ask Nat Krause as well (although judging from his editing history, he hasn't been around for a while), or someone else that is fairly regular on the Buddhism article page. Cheers Andkaha(talk) 17:37, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
- (replying to User Talk:Andkaha#Refuge) I naturally can't answer for all schools of Buddhism, but as far as I am aware there might be a ceremony connected with a person making a public commitment to the Buddist faith (as with the mitra ceremony in the FWBO (a prerequisite here though is that the person already consider eirself a Buddhist)). There is no swearing of oaths, but a promise to follow the five training rules to the best of ones ability (the taking of the five precepts). If I break a precept as a lay person, I have only myself to answer to. The refuges and precepts are often taken as part of the ordinary Buddist rituals, and even as its own little ritual in beginnings of retreats or other events, as a way of strengthening the commitment. Regarding the book you mentioned: I haven't seen it so I can't say much about it, but you shouldn't take every word literally unless you know that they represent a consensus view of many people and/or resonate with your own experiences. It seems that a book on the humour of Buddhism is a novel idea, and it might be easy to see that one has to bend the subject a bit to make it fit the format, so to speak... Cheers, Andkaha(talk) 11:21, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
- (replying to User Talk:Andkaha#Refuge) No need to be sorry. I made a note on the Talk:Refuge (Buddhism) page to say that the issue has been resolved. Best of luck to you! Andkaha(talk) 13:02, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
Your posting on Jimbo's talk page
I took your posting off of Jimbo's talk page because it violates WP:CIVIL. For the record, literally saying "Fuck you" to Jimbo is a pretty good way to get banned in a hurry; there's a large group of admins out there who are looking out for The Bearded One, and are itchin' for a chance to prove it. I'd recommend you put together a statement to Jimbo that doesn't rely on personal attacks, or maybe just avoid that page altogether. Truly, JDoorjam Talk 22:50, 21 February 2006 (UTC)
- Personally, I'm no more likely to block you for saying "fuck you" to Jimbo than for saying it to anyone else, and I'd only block for incivility when it's repeated despite requests to stop. I can't speak for other admins, but I'd say that taking the harshness of your words back is a step in the right direction, and that you're not likely to be blocked at this point. Just remember in the future be civil with everyone—you're far more likely to get a response from Jimbo if your comments are civil and clear anyway. -- SCZenz 00:25, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
The Flipside of Dominick Hide
Thanks for your comments! I couldn't believe the article was only a stub ^_^ DiLuna25 16:54, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
To anyone that I contacted to discuss my banning due to Snopake using my computer. Syrthiss contacted me and tried to help me, so a very big thank you to him (and i will put one on his talk page when i am allowed to edit again tomorrow!).
The Halo 17:58, 28 February 2006 (UTC)
- Not a prob. Glad to see you back editing again. --Syrthiss 14:30, 1 March 2006 (UTC)
Your userpage was briefly delisted by a rogue admin
You have a userbox Template:User UN which links your userpage to United Nations Wikipedians. There is currently a movement to ban userboxes from Wikipedia which are shared and which create List of Wikipedians. Certain admins have taken it upon themselves to preemptively sabotage and/or delete such categories and template. Here is the incident report which reported damage to yours, in which hundreds of userpages were delinked from categories without the users' knowledge. They have been stopped, barely, and the damage reverted— for now.
There is a Wikipedia:Userbox policy poll, which if passed, will make required by policy the damage done to categories and templates such as User UN/United Nations Wikipedians. If you do not want this to happen, I urge you to vote Oppose. in the poll. Support is currently running at about 66%, and your vote could make the difference. It is said to require 75%-80% to be deemed reflective of consensus.
StrangerInParadise 23:26, 4 March 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for nominating me for adminship!
Yo yo, Halo man! Thanks for sorting out my talk page. It had gone a little wiggedy. Anyway, you should see my Smiley's People userbox! It's awesome! I'd like a diferent image, so maybe I'll get round to that one day. Anyway, thanks again! You know who I am. 10:35, 15/03/06
hurry up with it!
Hey, hey, Chapter 12! just wondered how you were getting on with the DC article? Hurry up about it! Hey, have you seen my new & improved Smiley's People Userbox? It's much better than it was before! It's me again. 17/03/06, 14:47
Template:FA Premier League teamlist vandalism
I put a blatant vandal warning on the talk page of the IP. I totally understand your sentiments on this one, but we don't know enough about this IP or this individual to warrant an indefinite block, especially on their very first edit. If this IP turns out to be a persistent vandal, I'll have no qualms about imposing a nice, healthy block. I'll keep an eye on the IP; let me know if I miss something, or if another IP or user starts making similar edits. Regards, JDoorjam Talk 14:48, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
Hi there, was just passin' by your userpage and I saw you weren't sure of exactly when you joined Wikipedia. Well, I'll have to look in a bit further to see when exactly you joined, but I do know that you made your first edit on 15:20, 11 August 2005. Hope that helps! Cheers, Master of Puppets Your will is mine. 00:33, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm... so far, it is pretty strange; the Wikilogs don't turn up any data on you creating an account. Basically, Wikipedia is saying you don't exist. Its strange, but I'll try to see if my friends can get it. I mean, there are ways of making Wikipedia talk, some of them involving a baseball bat... Master of Puppets Your will is mine. 00:52, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
- Aha. The developers say that apparently, the code extension that enabled the creation log function wasn't added until 6 days after your first edit. So you're probably not the only one who "doesn't exist". :P But Halo... think of all... we... had! I mean... *twitching facial features* I knew your mother... and she was your father's sister's boyfriend... :D Master of Puppets Your will is mine. 01:01, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
Smile like you mean it
You joined esperanza! You sneaky bastard! I have always wanted a green E, and you know that! Excellent! Now, tell me. What do you have to do when you're a member of esperanza? Do you have to do anything hard/time consuming? Because, remember, I've got my writing and my proofreading to do. Oh, man. Esperanza. Good on you, son, good on you! Hoot hoooot hoot! Sergeant Snopake 09:06, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
Welcome to Esperanza!
|Thank you, The Halo, for voting in my RFA. It closed with a final result of 75/1/0. Now that I am an administrator here, I will continue to improve this encyclopedia, using my new tools to revert vandalism, block persistent vandals, protect pages that have been vandalized intensively, and close AFD discussions. Any questions? Please contact me by adding a new section on my talk page. Again, thanks to all of you who participated!!! -- King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 23:15, 20 May 2006 (UTC)|
- Or was it to do with the fact that we've had disagreements in the past...or maybe that we're good friends? Either way, I've just bopped the three people I've ever been to (even though some of them deserved it)! Sergeant Snopake 10:33, 21 May 2006 (UTC)
|The count is in, and now I join the crew who wield the mops and pails.
If you have anything you need, then please don't think to hesitate.
I suggest you read this out in Sasami's voice.
Another Smile While We Still Can...
Welcome to the Barnstar Brigade!!
Good to have you aboard!!Kukini 23:37, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
Thank you so much for the barnstar! :) Rosa 00:25, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- I am glad you liked the pizza! Thought I'd break away from the TFd'd Smile template! ~Linuxerist E/L/T 11:46, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for kind words, I am mainly in a fuddle about a stupid FAC, and I feel that it isn't doing well because of me, rather than the article. Which sadly enough maybe the case. Anyway, thank you for your words and keep being as Esperzanian as you can be. Thank you, Highway Rainbow Sneakers 11:40, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
You're right, my favorite play is Romeo and Juliet, but I also adore A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Tempest. Adiós, Rosa 13:44, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
Jake Remington vandal
Re: Expensive redirect to Playstation 3
Giggity gittity goo, now that we've gotten introductions out of the way, i must admit my shoes are quite avid in the quest of finding your face. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Good fry Escyos
A haiku of thanks
- Thanks for your support
- In my RfA, which passed!
- Wise I'll try to be.
I really appreciate your positive comments about good things that you've seen - I hope to continute such a trend as an admin! Thanks again.
A very sad thank you
|Thank you for your vote in my recent RFA. At 43/43/14, I decided it was best to withdraw. I will wait until another time for an RFA. Thanks again, ILovePlankton 03:19, 5 June 2006 (UTC)|
Actually, I do remember that question, not sure why. I just remember really random things I guess. I'm glad I could be of help. Happy editing! (And thanks for not posting some tacky chain-letter type template into my talk page. I hate those. ) --tjstrf 00:43, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
Re:Hope this helps
Thank you the halo for the one piece userbox
yours Mr Negotiator
Featured article comment
I don't mean to complain, but I want to say something about your comment in Tikal's featured comments.
You said, "per Tony, and also the lack of referencing in the article. And, I know that this is minor, the japanese pronunciation has a help symbol next to it, which I feel needs to be sorted out." But I thought I fixed the problems Tony mentioned and I once saw a featured article with only four references and a help symbol near the Japanese pronounciation before. Again, I apologize for complaining, and I'm sorry if it's inconvient talking to an anonymous user. --188.8.131.52 22:56, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for clearing things up, but does that mean that the article has to have at least 30 references? --184.108.40.206 01:11, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
Okay, thanks for informing me. So are there any tips in how to make compelling, brilliant writing? --220.127.116.11 05:12, 13 June 2006 (UTC)
|Hello, The Halo/Archive01, and thank you for the supportive vote and very kind words on my recent RfA! With a final vote of 84/1/4, I have now been entrusted with the mop, bucket and keys. I will be slowly acclimating myself to my new tools over the next months, but welcome any and all feedback and suggestions on how I might be able to use them to help the project. Thanks again! - Kukini 13:32, 13 June 2006 (UTC)|