Welcome to Wikipedia!
Hello, WikiPassionate, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. My name is Howicus, and I've been an editor here for some time. Here are a few links to pages you might find helpful:
- Introduction and Getting started
- Contributing to Wikipedia
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page and How to develop articles
- How to create your first article
- Simplified Manual of Style
If you're working on creating a new article, this page has instructions on how to cite sources, complete with videos.
If all this Wikicode is a little overwhelming, WP:Cheatsheet may help untangle it.
And if you need more help, I'd recommend getting live help at the Wikipedia help chat channel (click "connect" to join): #wikipedia-en-help connect. Additionally, you could ask me on my talk page, try the Teahouse (a help page for new users) or and a volunteer will visit you here shortly
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date. Again, welcome, and have fun editing! Howicus (Did I mess up?) 01:16, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
- If you are engaged in an article content dispute with another editor, discuss the matter with the editor at their talk page, or the article's talk page. Alternatively you can read Wikipedia's dispute resolution page, and ask for independent help at one of the relevant notice boards.
- If you are engaged in any other form of dispute that is not covered on the dispute resolution page, seek assistance at Wikipedia's Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents.
This edit summary is completely inappropriate (as is the edit itself). Your behavior is not consistent with what is expected for new years, and you are calling unfavorable attention to yourself. The Big Bad Wolfowitz (aka Hullaballoo) (talk) 21:36, 10 August 2014 (UTC)
Template:Unreferenced vs. Template:Refimprove
You seem to be confused between the use of the tags "unreferenced" and "refimprove". Please follow and read those wikilinks so you might learn to use these tags appropriately. Dolovis (talk) 03:17, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
- You also appear to be under the misimpression that there is a minimum number of references required for articles. There is no set minimum, and two references for a short article may easily be sufficient, so long as they support the assertions in the article. The Big Bad Wolfowitz (aka Hullaballoo) (talk) 03:36, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
- Instead of attacking me then why didn't you just say this in the first place? Would have avoided drama. WikiPassionate (talk) 04:02, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry Dolovis, I noticed this and I've been using the appropriate one from now on. I researched it a bit before you contacted me. WikiPassionate (talk) 04:04, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
Nomination of ThatOneTomahawk (Julio Gonzalez Jr) for deletion
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article ThatOneTomahawk (Julio Gonzalez Jr) is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/ThatOneTomahawk (Julio Gonzalez Jr) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. §FreeRangeFrogcroak 06:14, 13 August 2014 (UTC)