|This article does not cite any sources. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||tn 32|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arni|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Gingee|
Valathi is surrounded by mountains and lakes. Valathi derives is on the main road (SH4) connecting Vellore and Villupuram. It is a fairly big village which surrounded by many small villages. The majority of this population are dependent on agriculture and cattle for their income.
As per latest survey the village has about 1,900 houses and a population of approximately 5,000 people, which consist of Nainar or Samanar(Tamil Jains), Christians, Scheduled Castes, Gounder, and Muslims,Naidu,naikkar.
- Shri Adthinathar Digambar Jain Temple (also known as Nainar Temple) - Devotees, many from northern India visit this temple.
Thanakathamman temple, Kalikambal temple, Mariamman temple, Vinayagar temples (3), Murugan temple,(2), Police Station, Rigistrar Office, Muslim Mosque, Govt Hospitial, post office, Banks (2), Lakes (2), Markets, Schools (5), Village Administrative Office,
- Valathi Outreach Church Ministries is run by local a church.
It mainly focuses on public education.
- Devanur Fort,
- Melmalayanur Temple is 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) away.
- Gingee Fort is located 21 kilometres (13 mi) from the village.
- Pallavas temple in 7 km in Siyamangalam and Thirumalpadi