Veera (2018 film)
Theatrical Release Poster
|Produced by||Elred Kumar|
|Written by||Bakkiyam Shankar|
|Music by||Leon James|
|Edited by||T. S. Suresh|
|Distributed by||Orange Creations|
|16 February 2018|
Veera is a 2018 Tamil action film directed by Rajaraman and produced by Elred Kumar of RS Infotainment. The film stars Kreshna and Iswarya Menon in the leading roles, with Karunakaran, Rajendran and Yogi Babu in supporting roles. Leon James composed the original score and soundtrack for the film, while Bakkiyam Shankar wrote the film's script. Having begun production in August 2015, the film had went through a change of cast before being released on 16 February 2018.
- Kreshna as Veeramuthu
- Iswarya Menon as Renuka
- Karunakaran as Pachamuthu
- Radha Ravi as Sketch Sekhar
- Thambi Ramaiah as Ezhukinaru Ezhumazhai
- Rajendran as Jonty Rhodes
- Yogi Babu as Jithesh
- Aadukalam Naren as Boxer Rajendran
- R. N. R. Manohar as Maavattam Thamizhazhagan
- Charandeep as Kulla Ponnu Kumar
- Sonia Bose Venkat as Rajendran's wife
- Kanna Ravi as Sura Murugan
In August 2015, Bobby Simha signed on to appear in a venture titled Veera directed by debutant Rajaraman and produced by Elred Kumar of RS Infotainment. The production house signed him on for three films, with Ko 2 (2016) and Kavalai Vendam (2016) also announced to be in production during the same period. The film was titled after producer Panchu Arunachalam allowed them to use the title that he had previously owned after making the 1994 film of the same name. Rookie actress Iswarya Menon was signed on to play the leading female role, while Bala Saravanan was selected to play a major supporting role. Subsequently, in November 2015, Bobby Simha opted out of the film citing scheduling issues and was replaced by Vishnu in the lead role. During the same month, Karunakaran was also selected to replace Bala Saravanan, while Leon James was signed as the music composer after the producers were impressed with his work in Ko 2.
Vishnu also later opted out from the film and was replaced by Krishna, with production beginning quietly in mid-2016. By September 2016, the team had completed the majority of the shoot and the producers released the first look poster during the same month. Cinematographer Kumaran revealed that "seventy percent" of the film was completed in the first schedule, before the second schedule began in September 2016. The film marked actress Iswarya's first big role in Tamil films, and in the film, she portrayed an Ooty-born girl, who moves to Chennai. For the role, she had to juggle speaking in normal Tamil and with a north Madras slang.
The team initially planned to release the film for January 2017, but production continued beyond the date. The film was sold to Orange Creations in a distribution deal in early September 2017, with a release date planned for later in the month, but the date was later skipped. Another two proposed release dates in December 2017 was postponed at the last minute, after the distributors Orange Creations failed to get enough screens for a wide theatrical release.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||23 March 2018|
|Label||Sony Music India|
|Leon James chronology|
The film's music was composed by Leon James, in his fourth film venture following Kanchana 2 (2015), Ko 2 (2016) and Kavalai Vendam (2016). The soundtrack was released on 23 March 2017 through Sony Music India.
|1.||"Ootaanda Soltuvaa"||Ko Sesha||Leon James||3:32|
|2.||"Verrattaama Verratturiye"||Ko Sesha||Sid Sriram, Neeti Mohan||4:36|
|3.||"Mama Mama Mayangadhe"||Krishna Kishor||Anthony Daasan||3:08|
|4.||"Pogaadhey Kanmaniye"||Na. Muthukumar||Pradeep Kumar||3:38|
|5.||"Nijaaru Usaaru"||Na. Muthukumar||Lawrence, Mahalingam||4:45|
- "Vishnu Vishal replaces Bobby Simha for RS Infotainment's Veera". 27 November 2015.
- "Vishnu Vishal's Next Titled Veera". 26 November 2015.
- AAKASH. "Vishnu Vishal in RS Infotainments Veera".
- "Rajinikanth film title for Bobby Simha".
- "Bobby Simha gets the popular Rajini Title - Tamil Movie News - IndiaGlitz.com".
- Nath, Parshathy J. (27 August 2015). "'I knew I was meant to be an actor'" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "'Kavalai Vendaam' audio is very special : Leon James".
- "Vishnu Vishal gets Superstar title - Tamil Movie News - IndiaGlitz.com".
- "Iswarya Menon Will Star In Rajaraman's Veera". 27 September 2016.
- "Dhanush's Thangamagan cinematographer talks to us about his upcoming films". 29 August 2016.
- "Ishwarya will speak in two Tamil dialects for Veera - Times of India".
- "Orange Creations and Vansan Movies secure TN theatrical rights of Veera - Only Kollywood". 9 September 2017.
- "Veera producer announces why the film's release is postponed". 14 December 2017.
- "Veera backs off after heavy competition".
- "Kreshna's Veera to release on 8th December". 20 November 2017.