|Industry||Rolling stock manufacturer|
|Adrian Shooter (Managing Director)|
|Owner||Railroad Development Corporation|
Vivarail is an English rolling stock manufacturer, founded in 2012 and based in Stratford-upon-Avon. Vivarail's main project is the conversion of bodyshells, bogies and motors from retired London Underground D78 Stock into the Class 230.
D78 Stock conversion
In November 2014, Vivarail bought 156 driving motor cars and 70 carriages of ex London Underground D78 Stock which were being replaced by S Stock. The stated purpose of the Class 230 is to ameliorate a perceived shortage of affordable, modern rolling stock on Britain's regional rail routes, resulting from the slow pace of electrification.
- "Why not do some re-engineering?' Adrian Shooter on the Vivarail D-Train". Rail Technology Magazine. Cognitive Publishing. 23 January 2015.
- RDC takes 25% stake in Eurorail Railway Gazette International 12 January 2015
- RDC seeks diverse opportunities in European market International Railway Journal 18 May 2016
- "Viva Vivarail's D-train transformation" Rail Magazine issue 771 1 April 2015 page 60
- Gurdon, Martin (16 January 2015). "Back on the rails". The Engineer. Centaur Media.
- "Vivarail begins testing on first converted D-Stock" Rail Magazine issue 782 2 September 2015 page 6
- "The D-Train Revealed" Today's Railways issue 166 October 2015 pages 48-51