|Branding||"Family Friendly WFRN"|
|Slogan||"Your Friend of the Family"
"Family Friendly Christian Music"
|First air date||1979|
|Format||Contemporary Christian Music|
|HAAT||140 meters (460 ft)|
|Former callsigns||WFRN, WXAX|
|Affiliations||Friends of Christian Radio|
|Owner||Progressive Broadcasting System, Inc.|
WFRN (104.7 FM) is a radio station licensed to Elkhart, Indiana, USA. The station airs a format consisting of Contemporary Christian music as well as some Christian talk and teaching and is owned by Progressive Broadcasting System.
The station went on the air as WFRN on March 26, 1979 as the culmination of the dream of Ed Moore for a Contemporary Christian music station. The station was an extension of the AM sister station which has been on the air since 1956 providing nationally recognized Christian programming.
WFRN, along with its sister stations WFRR and WFRI and a network of repeater stations, covers over 30 counties throughout the northern half of Indiana and southern Michigan.
A third station, WGNC-FM "God and Country" 88.5 FM, was added to the WFRN family in January 2013. WGNC, licensed to Constantine, Michigan and broadcasting with 15,000 watts of power, offers a format of "family-friendly" country music.
The 1995 addition of the 93.7 frequency in Kokomo, Indiana began the building of a network of stations and repeaters that continued through 2008, greatly increasing the station's coverage across northern Indiana and southern Michigan. Most of this growth occurred since May 2003 with the assistance of a group called Friends of Christian Radio.
Stations & their repeaters
|City of license||ERP
|W236BD||95.1||Michigan City, Indiana||13||D||FCC|
|W273BM||102.5||Benton Harbor, Michigan||80||D||FCC|
- 93.7 MHz (WFRR) Walton, Indiana - station
- 96.3 Kokomo, Indiana - repeater
- 100.1 MHz (WFRI) Winamac, Indiana - station
- 107.7 Marion, Indiana - repeater
- "FCC". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WFRN Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "WFRN History". Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "WFRN Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "FCC Facility ID 11041". Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "FCC Facility ID 53645". Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFRN
- Radio-Locator information on WFRN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFRN
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFRI
- Radio-Locator information on WFRI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFRI
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFRR
- Radio-Locator information on WFRR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFRR
|This article about a radio station in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|