|HAAT||6.4 meters (21 ft)|
WIXQ (91.7 FM, "The Ville") is a non-commercial college FM radio station owned by Millersville University and licensed to serve Millersville, Pennsylvania. The station is staffed by students as an extra-curricular activity. Studios are located on campus in the Student Memorial Center.
On April 25, 2011, Millersville University filed a Notification of Suspension of Operations form with the FCC indicating that WIXQ would "go silent" on May 7, 2011. The reason given was due to major construction of the Ganser Building, which would result in the station losing its transmitter site. The filing indicated that the station's antenna would be permanently moving to the Jefferson Building [on the school's campus]. On August 29, 2011, Millersville University filed a Resumption of Operations form with the FCC. The station resumed broadcasting at noon that day.
- "WIXQ DJrecruitment". 917theville.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "WIXQ Facility Record". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Notification of Suspension of Operations [WIXQ]". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. April 25, 2011. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "Resumption of Operations [WIXQ]". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. August 29, 2011. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WIXQ
- Radio-Locator information on WIXQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WIXQ
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|