|HAAT||6.4 meters (21 ft)|
WIXQ (91.7 FM, "The Ville") is a non-commercial college FM radio station owned by Millersville University and licensed to serve Millersville, Pennsylvania. The station is staffed by students as an extra-curricular activity. Studios are located on campus in the Student Memorial Center.
The Federal Communications Commission granted Millersville State College a construction permit for a new Class D 10 watt FM radio station on October 5, 1976. The station's studios were to be located in the Student Memorial Center and the transmitter was to be located on top of the Ganser Library Building. The station was assigned the WIXQ call sign on December 20, 1976 and was granted its first license on January 25, 1978.
On November 14, 1980, the FCC granted the college a construction permit to increase the station's effective radiated power (ERP) to 129 watts. On March 12, 1982, the FCC granted a new license with the updated facilities.
On April 25, 2011, Millersville University filed a Notification of Suspension of Operations form with the FCC indicating that WIXQ would "go silent" on May 7, 2011. The reason given was due to major construction of the Ganser Building, which would result in the station losing its transmitter site. The filing indicated that the station's antenna would be permanently moving to the Jefferson Building [on the school's campus]. On August 29, 2011, Millersville University filed a Resumption of Operations form with the FCC. The station resumed broadcasting at noon that day. The FCC granted a new license with the updated facilities on August 31, 2011.
- "WIXQ DJrecruitment". 917theville.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "History Cards for WIXQ". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "LICENSE TO COVER". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. March 12, 1982. Retrieved 2019-01-11.
- "Notification of Suspension of Operations [WIXQ]". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. April 25, 2011. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "Resumption of Operations [WIXQ]". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. August 29, 2011. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "LICENSE TO COVER". fcc.gov. Federal Communications Commission. August 31, 2011. Retrieved 2019-01-11.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WIXQ
- Radio-Locator information on WIXQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WIXQ
|This article about a radio station in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|