|Broadcast area||Atlanta metropolitan area|
|Slogan||Number 1 En Música Mexicana|
|Frequency||1600 kHz (analog)|
|Repeater(s)||1130 kHz (WLBA)|
|First air date||June 24, 1968|
|Power||30,000 Watts daytime
67 Watts nighttime
|Former callsigns||WAOS (1968-1983)
|Owner||La Favorita, Inc.|
|Sister stations||WXEM (AM), WLBA (AM)|
|Website||La Mejor Atlanta Website|
WAOS, "La Mejor", is a Spanish language, Regional Mexican talk radio, AM radio broadcaster licensed to the city Austell, Georgia in the Atlanta, Georgia radio market. The station is licensed to operate at a frequency of 1600 kHz. WAOS is considered a Class D AM broadcast facility by the Federal Communications Commission operating with 20,000 Watts of power during the daytime, and 67 Watts during nighttime both from a non-directional antenna.
This station is simulcast on WLBA in Gainesville, Georgia, which broadcasts on a frequency of 1130 kHz.
WXEM in Buford, Georgia also simulcasts this programming.
- Official Radio "La Favorita" Website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WAOS
- Radio-Locator Information on WAOS
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WAOS
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WLBA
- Radio-Locator Information on WLBA
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WLBA
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|