|Broadcast area||Millinocket, Maine|
|Branding||"CBS Sports Radio for the Katahdin Area"|
|First air date||1963|
|Power||1,000 watts unlimited|
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio
Black Bear Network Sports
|Owner||Katahdin Communications, Inc.|
WSYY (1240 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a sports format. Licensed to Millinocket, Maine, USA, the station serves the Northern and Downeast Maine area, from sun-up to sun-down, broadcasting only on Weekends (but not between Monday-through-Friday). The station is currently owned by Katahdin Broadcasting, Inc. The station currently features programming from CBS Radio and carries CBS Radio News at the top of every hour (and has been an affiliate of that network for many decades), as well as covering University of Maine Black Bears sports. The station also carries local high school sports. WSYY-FM/WSYY-AM are unusual in that while stations are authorized to broadcast 24 hours a day, the stations both have sign-offs every day (WSYY-AM signing off at dusk and WSYY-FM broadcasting for approximately 18¼ hours per day). WSYY-AM broadcasts only on Weekends (but not between Monday-through-Friday).
- "WSYY Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "The CBS News Radio Affiliation Page Of WSYY Radio". TheMountain949.com.
- "The WSYY-AM 1240 Website/Sports Affiliation Page Of WSYY Radio". TheMountain949.com.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WSYY
- Radio-Locator Information on WSYY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WSYY
|This article about a radio station in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|