|Broadcast area||Bangor, Maine|
|Branding||92.9 The Ticket|
|Slogan||Bangor Sports Radio|
|First air date||June 9, 1976 (as WPBC)|
|Former callsigns||WPBC (1976–1992)
(Townsquare Media Bangor License, LLC)
|Sister stations||WBZN, WDEA, WQCB, WWMJ|
WEZQ (92.9 FM; "The Ticket") is a radio station broadcasting a sports radio format. Licensed to Bangor, Maine, United States, the station serves the Bangor area. The station is currently owned by Townsquare Media and features programming from ESPN Radio. The station features local talk, ESPN Radio, and Boston Bruins and New England Patriots games.
The station went on the air June 9, 1976, as WPBC, a beautiful music station owned by Penobscot Broadcasting. It became WSHZ in 1992, after the station evolved to a soft adult contemporary format. In October 1993, WSHZ was purchased by Dudman Communications, owner of WDEA and WWMJ in Ellsworth; that December, the station changed its call sign to WEZQ, though the "Soft Hits 92.9" branding used as WSHZ was retained for several years after becoming WEZQ. Dudman sold its stations to Cumulus Media in 1998. In later years, WEZQ carried Delilah and The Bob and Sheri Show.
On July 31, 2012, Cumulus swapped 55 stations, including WEZQ, to Townsquare Media in exchange for Townsquare's stations in Bloomington and Peoria, Illinois. On January 1, 2013, Townsquare relaunched the station with a sports format as "92.9 The Ticket".
- "WEZQ Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- http://wezq-fm.com/new-bangor-sports-radio-station-website-to-launch-jan-1/ New Bangor Sports Radio Station Website To Launch Jan 1
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1978 (PDF). 1978. p. C-95. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1993 (PDF). 1993. p. B-158. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- "Ellsworth company purchases WSHZ". Bangor Daily News. October 9, 1993. p. 29. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- "WEZQ Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "New call letters". Bangor Daily News. December 31, 1993. p. 18. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Fybush, Scott (December 18, 1998). "Vermont Heats Up". North East RadioWatch. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Harrison, Judy (June 2, 1997). "Delilah show an after-dark radio delight". Bangor Daily News. pp. C6–7. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- "Townsquare Cumulus station swap closes". Radio Ink. August 1, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WEZQ
- Radio-Locator information on WEZQ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WEZQ
|This article about a radio station in Maine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|