Jump to navigation Jump to search
WampServer version 2.5
|Original author(s)||Romain Bourdon|
3.1.9 / May 13, 2019
|Type||Web server stack package|
WampServer refers to a software stack for the Microsoft Windows operating system, created by Romain Bourdon and consisting of the Apache web server, OpenSSL for SSL support, MySQL database and PHP programming language.
Lists, variants, and equivalents on other platforms
- FAPP or FAMP: for the FreeBSD operating system, or a similar package where MySQL is replaced by PostgreSQL.
- LAMP: for the Linux operating system (The original AMP stack - explained here.)
- MAMP: for the macOS operating system
- SAMP: for Solaris operating system
- UWAMP: Free Wamp Server with Apache MySQL PHP and SQLite.
- WIMP: A similar package where the Apache is replaced by Internet Information Services (IIS)
- WISA: for Windows (operating system), consisting of Internet Information Services, Microsoft SQL Server, and ASP.NET
- XAMPP: A cross-platform web server solution stack package.
- Susan Perschke (23 April 2012). "WampServer delivers a smart, Windows-friendly platform for Apache, MySQL and PHP-based apps". Network World. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Serdar Yegulalp (30 May 2012). "Review: WAMP stacks for Web developers". InfoWorld. Retrieved 20 January 2015.