Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Original author(s)||Romain Bourdon|
126.96.36.199 / May 8, 2020
|Size||~350MB (x86) / ~500MB (x64)|
|Available in||27 languages|
|Type||Web server stack package|
WampServer refers to a solution stack for the Microsoft Windows operating system, created by Romain Bourdon and consisting of the Apache web server, OpenSSL for SSL support, MySQL database and PHP programming language.
Notable lists, variants, and equivalents on other platforms
- LAMP: for the Linux operating system (The original AMP stack - explained here.)
- MAMP: for the macOS operating system
- SAMP: for Solaris operating system
- WIMP: A similar package where the Apache is replaced by Internet Information Services (IIS)
- WISA: solution stack for Windows (operating system), consisting of Internet Information Services, Microsoft SQL Server, and ASP.NET
- XAMPP: A cross-platform web server solution stack package.
- Susan Perschke (23 April 2012). "WampServer delivers a smart, Windows-friendly platform for Apache, MySQL and PHP-based apps". Network World. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Serdar Yegulalp (30 May 2012). "Review: WAMP stacks for Web developers". InfoWorld. Retrieved 20 January 2015.