|Cyndi Rowland, Jared Smith, Jonathan Whiting, Tom Galloway, Brock Taylor|
Number of employees
WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind) is a non-profit organization based at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. WebAIM has provided web accessibility solutions since 1999. WebAIM's mission is to expand the potential of the web for people with disabilities by providing the knowledge, technical skills, tools, organizational leadership strategies, and vision that empower organizations to make their own content accessible to people with disabilities.
Products and services
WebAIM provides a number of web accessibility products and services. The WAVE accessibility evaluation tool is administered by WebAIM. This free, online tool provides visual feedback of a page's accessibility. WebAIM web accessibility services include accessibility training, web site monitoring & reporting, certification, consulting, accessible site design, and accessibility repairs.
- visual disabilities - blindness, low vision, and color blindness
- motor disabilities - including Parkinson's Disease, paraplegia, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, arthritis, stroke, etc.
- cognitive disabilities - including dementia, dyslexia, autism, Down Syndrome, traumatic brain injury, attention deficit disorder, or other functional disabilities that may impact ones ability in memory, problem-solving, attention, and reading, math, or visual comprehension.
- deafness and hearing impairments.
WebAIM Articles address a range of web accessibility topics, including:
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- How individuals with disabilities access and use the web
- Assistive technology
- Adobe Flash
- Rich Media
- Evaluation, Testing, and Tools
- Standards and Laws
- Policy, Coordination, and Training