Wellington Parish, New Brunswick
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location within Kent County, New Brunswick.
|• Land||184.32 km2 (71.17 sq mi)|
|• Density||16.7/km2 (43/sq mi)|
|• Change 2011-2016||7.5%|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
Wellington Parish is defined in the Territorial Division Act as being bounded:
- South by Dundas Parish; north by Chockpish River and a line running south sixty-eight degrees west from the forks thereof; east by the Gulf of Saint Lawrence; and west by a line commencing where the southerly prolongation of the line between lots U and V, on the Little Buctouche River, strikes the northern boundary of Dundas Parish; thence along the prolongation of the said line north forty-three degrees west to the Little Buctouche River; thence down stream to the westerly line of lot number 7, granted to Joshua White; thence along the said westerly line of said lot to the northwest corner thereof; thence in a direct line to the southeast corner of lot number 13, granted to Michael Basterache, on the south side of the Buctouche River; thence along the eastern line of that lot northerly to the Buctouche River; thence to the mouth of Mill Creek; thence following the course of the said creek up stream to the eastern line of the grant to John W. Holderness, on said creek; thence northerly along that line to the rear line of said grant; thence westerly along said line to the western line of lots granted to Angus Cameron; thence northerly along that line and its prolongation to Mill Creek; thence following the various courses thereof up stream to the eastern line of lot number 101, granted to John McEachran; thence northerly along that line and its northern prolongation to the northern line of lot number 95, granted to John McNairn; thence westerly along the said last mentioned line and its western prolongation to meet the eastern line of lot number 138, granted to George Holder; thence along said eastern line and its prolongation in a northerly direction to the northern line of lot number 110 in Block O; thence along that line in an easterly direction to meet the southern prolongation of the eastern line of lot number 52, granted to John Cochrane; thence along said prolongation and eastern line of said last mentioned grant to the northern line of the parish, including the islands in front.
Mother tongue (2016)
- "Census Profile, 2016 Census Wellington, Parish [Census subdivision], New Brunswick". Statistics Canada. Retrieved September 14, 2019.
- New Brunswick Provincial Archives - Wellington Parish
- "Territorial Division Act (R.S.N.B. 1973, c. T-3)". Government of New Brunswick website. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Wellington Parish, New Brunswick