Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Shōki
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- One of the more striking Japanese prints from the mid-eighteenth century. Thanks go to Shoemaker's Holiday for creating a scrolling template to display the unusual aspect ratio--which was actually one of the standard formats of traditional woodblock printing in its country of origin. Very high resolution. Restored version of File:Shoki.jpg.
- Articles this image appears in
- Zhong Kui, Okumura Masanobu, Woodblock printing in Japan
- Okumura Masanobu
- Support as nominator --DurovaCharge! 20:30, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support Duuuuuuuuude. Xavexgoem (talk) 03:22, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Papa Lima Whiskey (talk) 04:50, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support wow amazing quality, looks great at full resolution, I usually never have to wait for pictures to load but this took a good 3-4 seconds. —Krm500 (Communicate!) 05:17, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support Beautiful, probably the best example of its type we'll ever have. mikaultalk 11:19, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Support GerardM (talk) 12:00, 30 January 2009 (UTC) This picture is shockingly big. This obviously shows best the quality of the work and of the restoration. For normal use a slightly smaller version might be better..
- Support per above M.K. (talk) 13:45, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- support per above. Ryan shell (talk) 20:08, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Promoted File:Shoki2.jpg MER-C 04:33, 4 February 2009 (UTC)