Be a part of the Great American Wiknic
Who should come? You should. Really.
If you are interested in Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects, regardless of your level of experience or involvement, or if you are otherwise involved with free content you are invited and welcome.
What, Where, When, and How?
- Where - Wrigley Square (), Millennium Park(, )
- When - June 25, 2011 1:00 PM until ?
- (For those of you interested in exploring the park, there will be events all day and the Jay Pritzker Pavilion () will host the Grant Park Music Festival () at 7:30, featuring a Latin American Sound Concert).
- Be advised the only place in the park where alcohol is allowed is in the Pavilion during events
- If taking public transportation, leave earlier than you might otherwise because of the nearby Taste of Chicago in Grant Park.
Where in Wrigley Square?
We are sitting in the middle of the grass in front of the fountain. No sign, but it shouldn't be hard to see us.
Definite / Planning on it / Likely
- Count me in.--TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR) 19:52, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
- –MuZemike 23:07, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- --Gamemaster0 (talk) 02:53, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Pritimay 23:07, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'll be there.-- Mikestone05 (talk) 21:43, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- To my surprise, I will be attending! --Orange Mike | Talk 13:38, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'll definitely try and be there. Better than staying in at home on a Saturday afternoon!Rachit Kumar 15:28, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- There right now. Protonk (talk) 18:23, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Eduardowiki — Preceding unsigned comment added by Eduardowiki (talk • contribs) 04:32, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- I will be in Chicago that day. I would really like to atend if it is possible to spend at least two houurs threre and still catcth an Amtrak train by 5. Some local advise on the best public transtit route from Union Station would be helpful.-BirgitteSB 12:36, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Nope, but let me know about future Wikipedia Meetups around Chicago
- Another one I'll have to pass on. Fishal (talk) 05:14, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- I unfortunately have other plans for the 25th -- RedWordSmith (talk) 21:57, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry I will be out of Chicago this weekend :( But let me know when there are other events
- I haven't read about any wilding incidents or flash mob attacks over last weekend, but be careful anyway. JohnO June 22, 2011
- I'm sorry, I have plans that day :( candygarret 10:05, 23 June 2011
- I would like to, but have no transportation belissarius (talk) 18:47, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
- Kelly Martin (talk)
- H Padleckas (talk)
How can I help?
- Whether or not you can come, you can still encourage other available people to attend.
- If you're driving and can offer a ride, please say so.
We had eight attendees that arrived before 3:30 when the park security closed down Wrigley Square and forced us to move to Jay Pritzker Pavilion.--TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR) 23:10, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wiknic Chicago 2011.|