Wikipedia:Taiwan-related topics notice board
|WikiProject Taiwan (edit)|
- 1 Resources/References
- 2 Proper relationship with Wikiproject China
- 3 Taiwan Studies vs. Taiwanese Studies
- Internet Public Library - Good list of links.
- US Department of State
- Energy Information Administration (EIA) USA
- e-Taiwan Statistics
- "Encyclopedia of Taiwan" (in Chinese). Council for Cultural Affairs, Executive Yuan, ROC (Taiwan). Retrieved 11 June 2011. This general encyclopedia is semi-official and provides valuable information. It sometimes also provides English translation for the title of its articles.
- (Chinese) YouTube - Documentary on the history of the Taiwanese aborigines.
- National Museum of Pre-history (國立台灣史前文化博物館) - Research at the Peinan Site (卑南遺址) in Taitung county (臺東縣).
- (Chinese) Learning Archaelogy (考古學習網) - History of Taiwan dating back 15,000 years.
- National Taiwan Museum
- (Chinese) A History of Taiwan Architecture (臺灣建築史)
- Ministry of Finance
- Bureau of Foreign Trade
- Invest in Taiwan
- Central Bank of China
- Council for Economic Planning and Development
- Environmental Protection Administration
- Environmental Issues (EIA website)
- Endemic Species Research Institute
- "Taiwan Geographical Name Information System". Ministry of Interior, Executive Yuan, ROC (Taiwan). Retrieved 11 June 2011. This is a database maintained by Ministry of Interior and Academia Sinica. It provides bilingual electronic maps, place names and origins of the name in Chinese, suggested English translations of the name, the romanized forms in Pinyin and Tongyong Pinyin of the name, the coordinate of the name and other records.
- Executive Yuan has built CAKE Directory (Categorized Administrative Knowledge Framework, "施政分類架構"). It contains many official terms for administrative works. These terms are presented in a hierarchical table, along with their English translations. See CAKE [English page] and 行政院施政分類架構 ─ 認識本架構
- "Bilingual Glossary". International Taiwan Service Portal (in Chinese). International Taiwan Service Promotion Committee, Executive Yuan. Retrieved 11 June 2011. This website provides English glossary of governmental organizations, titles, and works. There are two databases: “公告詞彙” is updated and reviewed constantly, and provides more systematic and consistent translations. “機關建議詞彙” is no longer updated (perhaps since 2009). It is a simple sum of glossary provided by various organizations and its contents are less consistent, but it sometimes provides terms unavailable in “公告詞彙”.
- "National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations in Taiwan" (in English and Chinese). National Central Library, ROC. There are more and more research papers providing English alternative titles and abstracts, thus they offer studied English translations.
- "Encyclopedia of Taiwan" (in Chinese). Council for Cultural Affairs, Executive Yuan, ROC (Taiwan). Retrieved 11 June 2011. This encyclopedia sometimes provides English translation for the title of its articles.
Proper relationship with Wikiproject China
I would like to solicit input with regard to whether Wikiproject China should or should not be included in Taiwan-related articles. Due to the controversial political status of Taiwan, it appears decent arguments can be made for both inclusion and exclusion of Wikiproject China, and doing both is impossible. Inclusion would probably make Wikiproject Taiwan a de facto subgroup of Wikiproject China; exclusion would possibly be pushing the "Taiwan is not part of China" POV. Neither solution seems ideal. Perhaps some sort of compromise along the lines of what was done with the Gdánsk vs Danzig article would be appropriate? (message also posted to Wikiproject China).Ngchen (talk) 14:16, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
Taiwan Studies vs. Taiwanese Studies
A discussion related to whether the article be Re-redirected to Taiwan Studies from Taiwanese Studies is ongoing at Talk:Taiwanese studies. Hoping for more opinions on the subject matter. Interested editors, please discuss at the talk page of the article. - Ninney (talk) 14:28, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
- Awaiting result. Please look into the matter. - Ninney (talk) 13:06, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- I renamed the article Taiwan Studies on 12 June 2015 based on consensus at Talk:Taiwan studies. Phlar (talk) 20:53, 19 February 2016 (UTC)