Wikipedia:WikiProject Articles for creation/Help desk/Archives/2013 December 9
|< December 8||<< Nov | December | Jan >>||December 10 >|
|Welcome to the WikiProject Articles for creation Help Desk Archives|
|The page you are currently viewing is an archive page. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current Help Desk pages.|
- 1 December 9
- 1.1 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Oregon Dads' Gates
- 1.2 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Fast automatic restoration
- 1.3 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Your submission name here
- 1.4 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Voice_to_Skull
- 1.5 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Utah Youth Soccer Association (2)
- 1.6 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Hot Fruit
- 1.7 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Visit Eau Claire
- 1.8 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Marcel gagnon (musician)
- 1.9 Review of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Darcy James Argue
- This draft is not currently submitted for review, so I don't think there's a problem with leaving it in AfC space until or unless it is submitted. Arthur goes shopping (talk) 10:35, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
please when would my article Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Fast automatic restorationbe reviewed Igbe obinna (talk) 05:49, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hello Igbe. Rankersbro answered this question when you first asked it a few days ago, in this section slightly further up this page. Arthur goes shopping (talk) 10:00, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hello. Please could you give us a link to the article draft you would like help with? Arthur goes shopping (talk) 10:38, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
I submitted this article for submission more than two weeks ago and have been improving it since. Any advice as to why it's not yet reviewed would be sincerely appreciated. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Synsepalum2013 (talk • contribs) 16:51, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hello. The AfC process is currently very backlogged, so reviews are taking anything up to a month or more. Arthur goes shopping (talk) 16:59, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
How can I get an article submitted? I have written it and have sources, but it won't get approved.
- Carb1215, a link to USYA's own website is not sufficient sourcing. What you have to do is demonstrate that other people have found the USYA worth covering in news articles, sports journals, academic papers, etc. Bluntly put, if no neutral/objective party has yet found USYA worth writing about, Wikipedia isn't going to be the first. I strongly suggest you read our policy WP:Notability. MatthewVanitas (talk) 19:04, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
I will add more sources from news articles and such. I have found that other state soccer associations have done the same thing that I did but they were able to get pages submitted.Carb1215 (talk) 19:15, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi Help Desk,
My article just got declined. This is the reason "This submission is not adequately supported by reliable sources." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Hot_Fruit
This is my first submission.
I took a look at the links and can take out 1 and 5, and update 4 to a better link. I think moving 9 to an external link and moving the external link to the references might help. The other sources are very similar and there are more of them than what their peer bands in Olympia, WA have used and have Wikipedia articles published.
What other changes can I make to have this article accepted?
- The problem I see is not so much the verification of the facts, as it is that the band do not appear to meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for musicians -- as defined at WP:NMUSIC. Nor does the breadth and reliability of the references satisfy the WP:GNG. This may be an article to have a crack at in a few years time if/when they have made more of an impact. Bellerophon talk to me 22:52, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi! I'm wondering if someone can help me edit my page so it can be an accepted article, Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/VisitEC.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!
- You have written an advert about a non-notable organisation and submitted it to an encyclopedia, that's where you went wrong. Bellerophon talk to me 23:11, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
I don't how my new article 'Marcel Gagnon (musician) came to be treated as a blank submission. Clearly something went wrong in the submission process. You can see it as plain as day at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Summerbell/Marcel_gagnon_(musician)
I looked a the list of submitted articles and I saw many others being rejected as blank. You must have a glitch happening there, or an instruction that is very hard for a person with a PhD and 150 scientific papers to his name (me) to follow correctly.
- You submitted a blank page for review and moved said blank page into the AfC namespace. You then re-edited the original page, deleted the redirect created during the page move and pasted the text that makes up you current draft in a single edit. I don't know why you did that, but it was you rather than the system. Bellerophon talk to me 23:05, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for that explanation. Do you now have the article as a submission?
Here's what I did. I finished the draft page, then clicked on a link that said "Submit the page" (next to 'man working' symbol in blue triangle). The resulting page clearly says "Just press the "Save page" button below without changing anything! Doing so will submit your article submission for review." I followed that instruction exactly. How did following those two clear looking instructions end up submitting a blank page? What should I do next time?
I should add that after I did that I became puzzled by a notice on the acknowledgment of receipt that said I could continue to edit the page by clicking on the 'edit' tab above, and took the other steps you mentioned to see if I could retrieve a page I could continue editing.
- I've submitted User:Summerbell/Marcel gagnon (musician) for review on your behalf. As a technical exercise, I'll request a technical page move of the page in your userspace to Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Marcel gagnon (musician) just to make sure that our templates haven't randomly broken themselves. :) Bellerophon talk to me 23:54, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Thank you. I am guessing that when I clicked on 'submit the page,' the draft article should have been automatically copied over into the resulting form (I just replicated the same process to generate Summerbell (talk) 00:25, 10 December 2013 (UTC)and, instead, all that appeared there was the instruction to 'just press the "save page" button without changing anything.'
- Edits now gathered together at Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Marcel Gagnon (musician). — RHaworth (talk · contribs) 00:42, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
Hello there I recently had an article turned down and I was curious what I could do better to get it submitted properly. I used material from his website and I also used articles that I found. I am curious if it was a matter of citation. Thank you very much and I await your response. — Preceding unsigned comment added by MikelPrather (talk • contribs) 23:05, 9 December 2013 (UTC)