Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Water Margin
|WikiProject Water Margin|
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to join!|
|This page is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
- 1 Fang La or Fang Xi
- 2 方la还是方xi
- 3 Request for comment on Biographies of living people
- 4 Tools to help your project with unreferenced Biographies of living people
- 5 Merge WM character articles together
- 6 Spoilers right at the top of character pages.
- 7 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 8 WikiProject X is live!
Fang La or Fang Xi
In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fang_Xi, the name of the character is read as Fang La, not Fang Xi. The characters were written as 方臘 in the old days, not 方腊. Please refer to the screenshot I took from an electronic edition of Siku Quanshu at http://dic.timluo.net/fanla.jpg. The whole article should revert to the old heading of Fan_La instead.
- I've cross-checked with some Chinese websites on the history of the Song Dynasty. The name is indeed pronounced as "Fang La", not "Fang Xi". Sorry I took such a long time because I haven't visited this page until recently. Lonelydarksky (talk) 12:18, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- We cann't believe today's electronic edition. Please provide an photo of book (shuihu zhuan or songshi) published befor the born of sim. chinese.--刻意(Kèyì) 18:09, 23 December 2009 (UTC)
- I just returned to this entry earlier and found the title has finally changed to the right one. Great job done! Just as a side note to 刻意, the electronic version of Siku Quanshu tries to retain the text of the original copy. This means all the characters are shown as exactly they were written in the original text. All the numbers of lines and characters in each line are shown as is. Besides as I am from Taiwan, I know quite well if a certain character is simplified or not through the help of various references. Timluo (talk) 07:56, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
1.某版本《中国历史》中收录的《折可存墓志铭》照片上面写的是方臘。我照相技术差，反光变白了，网上暂时没有搜到相片。 2.中华书局1975年版《宋史·佞幸》卷四百七十“睦寇方臘起，黼方文太平。”有人可能说现代书籍不足为凭，浙江古籍出版社白衲本影印本宋史同样也是作方臘。--刻意(Kèyì) 08:56, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
Request for comment on Biographies of living people
Hello Wikiproject! Currently there is a discussion which will decide whether wikipedia will delete 49,000 articles about a living person without references, here:
Since biographies of living people covers so many topics, nearly all wikiproject topics will be effected.
The two opposing positions which have the most support is:
- supports the deletion of unreferenced articles about a living person, User:Jehochman
- opposes the deletion of unreferenced articles about a living person, except in limited circumstances, User:Collect
Comments are welcome. Keep in mind that by default, editor's comments are hidden. Simply press edit next to the section to add your comment.
Please keep in mind that at this point, it seems that editors support deleting unreferenced article if they are not sourced, so your project may want to pursue the projects below.
Tools to help your project with unreferenced Biographies of living people
- List of cleanup articles for your project
- Moving unreferenced blp articles to a special "incubation pages"
If you are interested in moving unreferenced blp articles to a special "incubation page", contact me, User talk:Ikip
- Watchlisting all unreferenced articles
If you are interested in watchlisting all of the unreferenced articles once you install Cleanup_listings, contact me, User talk:Ikip
Ikip 02:04, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- This project doesn't cover any articles on biographies of living people at the moment. Almost all the articles are about fictional characters or people who were alive centuries ago. _LDS (talk) 04:28, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
Merge WM character articles together
It seems there are too many short articles on the heroes. I suggest merging the ones that are very closely related together like this:
etc. However, Wang Ying and Hu Sanniang may not be a good idea as the two have very different backgrounds. Mu Hong and Mu Chun may also not work too well because of the rank difference between the two. Kayau Voting IS evil 09:05, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- See here. Chensiyuan (another member of this project) and I have made our stands clear in that discussion. Please don't start another protracted debate on this issue. I'm sick and tired of engaging in such melodramatic quarrels. LDS contact me 14:00, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I wasn't aware that it existed. I'll take a look at that. Kayau 14:47, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
Spoilers right at the top of character pages.
Characters who die have a section called "Campaigns and Death" which is linked right AT THE TOP of the article. If someone's just trying to refresh their memory about a character's background they instantly have the story spoiled for them when they click the article. There's no reason for the "and Death" in the title. That section should just be "Campaigns" like it is for all the surviving characters. If a person reads too far into the article, well, then it's their own fault for spoiling it. But as it is, these articles unfairly spoil the story without warning.
I'll go through and delete "and Death" from those titles unless someone can give a good reason why it should be there. Their deaths will still be described in that section, just not in the title for the section. Gatero (talk) 00:18, 15 May 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.