Wild! (Erasure album)
|Studio album by Erasure|
|Released||16 October 1989|
|Producer||Gareth Jones, Mark Saunders, Erasure|
|Singles from Wild!|
Wild! is the fourth studio album by British band Erasure. Released in 1989, it was the follow-up album to their 1988 breakthrough The Innocents. The album was produced by Erasure, along with Gareth Jones and Mark Saunders and released by Mute Records in the UK and Sire Records in the US.
Although the album did not generate any entries on the Billboard Hot 100, Wild! is highly regarded amongst Erasure's fanbase as one of their best albums, containing now-classic songs like "Drama!", "Blue Savannah" and "Star". In the US, several songs gained exposure on college radio and three songs charted on Billboard's Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
In the UK, Wild! continued Erasure's mainstream success: it became their second consecutive number one album and four singles hit the UK Top 20. The album also charted well in Germany, where it hit number sixteen.
It was while promoting the Wild! album that Erasure launched the first of their many elaborately staged concert tours - this one featuring gigantic sets and props and several costume changes for band members Vince Clarke and Andy Bell, as well as several back-up singers and dancers.
- "Piano Song - Instrumental"
- "Blue Savannah"
- "How Many Times?"
- "La Gloria"
- "You Surround Me"
- "Brother and Sister"
- "2,000 Miles"
- "Crown Of Thorns"
- "Piano Song"
2016 "Erasure 30" 30th Anniversary BMG Reissue LP
Subsequent to their acquisition of Erasure's back catalog, and in anticipation of the band's 30th anniversary, BMG commissioned reissues of all previously released UK editions of Erasure albums up to and including 2007's Light at the End of the World. All titles were pressed and distributed by Play It Again Sam on 180-gram vinyl and shrinkwrapped with a custom anniversary sticker.
|Canadian Albums Chart||46|
|German Albums Chart||16|
|Swedish Albums Chart||20|
|Swiss Albums Chart||24|
|UK Albums Chart||1|
|US Billboard 200 Chart||57|
- Allmusic review
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "Results - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "charts.de". charts.de. 1989-10-16. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Steffen Hung. "Erasure - Wild!". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Steffen Hung. "Erasure - Wild!". hitparade.ch. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "The Official Charts Company - Wild! by Erasure Search". The Official Charts Company. 6 May 2013.
- Erasure. "Erasure - Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
Enjoy Yourself by Kylie Minogue
|UK number one album
28 October 1989 – 10 November 1989
The Road to Hell by Chris Rea