|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|EP by Erasure|
|Released||1 June 1992 (UK)
30 June 1992 (US)
|Erasure singles chronology|
As big fans of the Swedish group ABBA, Erasure (Vince Clarke and Andy Bell) had often performed ABBA songs in concert over the years. They had originally planned to release an album of ABBA covers, but instead opted to release an EP of four of ABBA's best known hits.
Shortly after the release, the greatest hits album ABBA Gold was released sparking a revival of ABBA's music that has endured well into the 21st century.
After peaking at number two twice (with "Sometimes" in 1986 and Crackers International in 1988), Erasure finally reached number one with this release, remaining there for five weeks. In Germany the EP peaked at number two. In the US, where EPs chart on the Billboard 200, Abba-esque peaked at number eighty-five. Although never officially released as a single by itself, the song "Take a Chance on Me", which featured a guest rap by MC Kinky, received significant radio play in the US At the time, Billboard Hot 100 policy prevented songs not released as singles from entering the chart, although the track did reach number 51 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart. In Sweden, the EP peaked at number 1 staying there for six consecutive weeks.
The release of the Abba-esque EP in due course precipitated the release of a similar EP, Erasure-ish, by the ABBA tribute band Björn Again, which featured two Erasure tracks ("A Little Respect" and "Stop!") performed in the style of ABBA as an answer record.
- "Lay All Your Love on Me" (B. Andersson / B. Ulvaeus) - 4:45
- "SOS" (S. Anderson / B. Andersson/B. Ulvaeus) - 3:49
- "Take a Chance on Me" (B. Andersson / B. Ulvaeus) - 3:43
- "Voulez-Vous" (B. Andersson / B. Ulvaeus) - 5:35
|iTunes Store bonus track|
|5.||"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"||B. Andersson/B. Ulvaeus||3:55|
Abba-esque – The Remixes
- "Voulez-Vous" (Brain Stem Death Test Mix) (remixed by Fortran 5)
- "Lay All Your Love on Me" (No Panties Mix) (remixed by Fortran 5)
- "Take a Chance on Me" (Take a Trance on Me Mix) (remixed by Philip Kelsey)
- "SOS" (Perimeter Mix) (remixed by Chris & Cosey)
|Australian Singles Chart||13|
|Austrian Singles Chart||1|
|Canadian Singles Chart||38|
|Belgium Singles Chart (Vl)||4|
|Dutch Singles Chart||4|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||1|
|German Singles Chart||2|
|Irish Singles Chart||1|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||42|
|Swedish Singles Chart||1|
|Swiss Singles Chart||3|
|UK Singles Chart||1|
|US Billboard 200||85|
|US Dance/Club Play Singles||10|
- "Erasure Releases/Other". Erasure the Official Website. Archived from the original on 10 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- Steffen Hung. "Australian charts portal". australian-charts.com. Archived from the original on 27 May 2008. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Steffen Hung (2010-12-30). "Austria Top 40 - Hitparade Österreich". austriancharts.at. Archived from the original on 1 December 2008. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "Welcome to the LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES CANADA website | Bienvenue au site Web BIBLIOTHÈQUE ET ARCHIVES CANADA". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2014-10-20.
- Steffen Hung. "Dutch charts portal". dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 951-31-2503-3.
- musicline.de / PhonoNet GmbH. "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche". musicline.de. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Jaclyn Ward (1962-10-01). "The Irish Charts - All there is to know". Irishcharts.ie. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Steffen Hung. "New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Swedish Charts Portal". swedishcharts.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- Steffen Hung. "Die Offizielle Schweizer Hitparade und Music Community". swisscharts.com. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "UK Singles & Albums Chart Archive". Chart Stats. Archived from the original on 3 June 2009. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music". Billboard.com. Archived from the original on 29 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
- "AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-09-12.
"Please Don't Go" by KWS
|UK number one single
7 June 1992 for 5 weeks
"Ain't No Doubt" by Jimmy Nail