|Studio album by|
|Released||23 October 2000|
|Singles from Loveboat|
|Release Music Magazine|||
Loveboat is the ninth full-length studio album by British synthpop group Erasure. Released in the UK by Mute Records in 2000, it was produced by Erasure and Flood. It proved to be their least successful in terms of sales and charts since their debut Wonderland in 1986. Erasure's U.S. record label at the time, Maverick Records, shelved the album because of "lack of hit singles." Largely panned by Erasure fans  upon its release (and even by Andy Bell years after) because of its greater use of acoustic guitars, its lo-fi feel and heavy-handed bass sounds (many blame Flood's production work), the album did manage to get some positive reviews by music critics.
Loveboat failed to hit the Top 40 in the UK and two singles were released, although only one was eligible to chart. Maverick Records requested the re-recording and remixing of several tracks from the album before they would agree to release it. Although "Moon & the Sky" was reworked, Maverick never released it and dropped Erasure from its artist roster. Three years after the album's UK release, Mute Records secured rights to finally release it in its original form in the U.S. in 2003, after the release of Erasure's follow-up album Other People's Songs. Loveboat failed to chart on the Billboard 200.
The CG model and cover artwork rendering was produced by Martin Gardiner.
- "Freedom" - 3:09
- "Where in the World" - 3:46
- "Crying in the Rain" - 3:46
- "Perchance to Dream" - 4:35
- "Alien" - 4:32
- "Mad as We Are" - 3:50
- "Here in My Heart" - 3:43
- "Love Is the Rage" - 4:09
- "Catch 22" - 3:38
- "Moon & the Sky" - 4:22
- "Surreal" - 5:09
|United Kingdom||23 October 2000|
|United States||17 June 2003|
2016 "Erasure 30" 30th Anniversary BMG Reissue LP
Subsequent to their acquisition of Erasure's back catalog, and in anticipation of the band's 30th anniversary, BMG commissioned reissues of all previously released UK editions of Erasure albums up to and including 2007's Light at the End of the World. All titles were pressed and distributed by Play It Again Sam on 180-gram vinyl and shrinkwrapped with a custom anniversary sticker.
|German Albums Chart||48|
|Swedish Albums Chart||57|
|UK Albums Chart||45|
- AllMusic review
- "Erasure: Loveboat - Release Music Magazine review". Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- Entertainment.ie. "Erasure - Loveboat". Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Erasure: Loveboat". Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 February 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Poll 2012-13". Onge's Erasure Page. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "Loveboat Album Fan Reviews". Onge's Erasure Page. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "charts.de". charts.de. 2000-10-23. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Steffen Hung. "Erasure - Loveboat". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "The Official Charts Company - Loveboat by Erasure Search". The Official Charts Company. 6 May 2013.