Farmland near Hackpen White Horse
|Population||159 (in 2011)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Dorset and Wiltshire|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
Winterbourne Bassett elects a joint parish council with the larger adjacent parish of Broad Hinton - see Broad Hinton and Winterbourne Bassett. It falls within the area of the Wiltshire Council unitary authority, which is responsible for all significant local government functions.
There was a small school in the village from 1875 to 1966; primary school children now go to Broad Hinton.
The village has a public house and restaurant called The White Horse.
- "Wiltshire Community History - Census". Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Historic England. "Church of St Katherine and St Peter (1284298)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Church of St. Katherine and St. Peter, Winterbourne Bassett". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Methodist Chapel, Winterbourne Bassett". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Winterbourne Bassett School". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Welcome to the White Horse". Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Wiltshire County Council Website page on Winterbourne Bassett, retrieved 8 October 2004
- Map 'Explorer 157', published by the Ordnance Survey, ISBN 0-319-21782-5, revised 1997.
Media related to Winterbourne Bassett at Wikimedia Commons