World Citizen (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|EP by David Sylvian, Ryuichi Sakamoto|
|Released||October 8, 2003(Japan) - April 21, 2004 (UK)|
|Recorded||Summer 2003, New York and New Hampshire.|
|Label||Warner Japan WPCL-10043, Samadhi Sound|
David Sylvian, Ryuichi Sakamoto
World Citizen is an EP by Ryuichi Sakamoto and David Sylvian. It was originally released in 2003 in Japan, and was later released under UK label in 2004. The two editions have different track lists and different covers. The EP was created as part of a project called Chain Music instigated by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
The album was praised by The Guardian: "Its skewed pop recalls Bowie's Hunky Dory, and pinpoints the human cost of superpower recklessness, prompting a standing ovation for pop music's most mercurial refusenik-turned-prodigal son".
All lyrics written by David Sylvian.
- "World Citizen (I Won't Be Disappointed) (Short Version)" 3:47
- "World Citizen (Short Version)" 4:10
- "World Citizen (I Won't Be Disappointed) (Long Version)" 6:19
- "World Citizen (Long Version)" 6:48
- "World Citizen (Ryoji Ikeda Remix)" 5:01
- "World Citizen (Short Version)"
- "World Citizen - I Won't Be Disappointed (Short Version)"
- "World Citizen (Long Version)"
- "World Citizen - I Won't Be Disappointed (Long Version)"
- "World Citizen (Ryoji Ikeda Remix)"
- David Sylvian - vocals, art direction, photography
- Ryuichi Sakamoto - keyboards
- Amedeo Pace - guitars
- Skúli Sverrisson - bass
- Steve Jansen - drums
- Yuka Fujii - art direction, design (for Osmosis)
- Atsushi Fukui - cover artwork
- Special thanks to: Ingrid Chavez, Richard Chadwick, Adrian Molloy and Arto Lindsay.