|Born||Wycliffe K. Grousbeck
June 13, 1961
|Alma mater||Princeton University
University of Michigan
Stanford Business School
|Spouse(s)||Emilia Fazzalari (m. 2017)|
|Parent(s)||H. Irving Grousbeck|
Grousbeck graduated from Noble and Greenough School in Dedham, Massachusetts. He continued his education at Princeton University, where he received a B.A. in History in 1983. He rowed on the 1983 undefeated lightweight crew team that claimed the Ivy League and national rowing championship. He later received a law degree from the University of Michigan in 1986 and an MBA in 1992 from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
After spending seven years as a partner at the venture capital firm, Highland Capital Partners, Grousbeck, along with his father H. Irving Grousbeck founded the group Boston Basketball Partners L.L.C. that bought the Boston Celtics for $360 million in 2002. In 2008, they led the organization to their seventeenth NBA Championship.
While continuing his duties with the Celtics, in 2010 Grousbeck became Chairman of the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, the world's largest research and clinical hospital specializing in blindness and deafness research. In 2013, Grousbeck co-founded Causeway Media Partners, LP, a $100 million investment fund specializing in sports media ventures.
In 2013, Grousbeck was named to the board of Formula E Holdings, a new fully electric powered auto racing championship to be held in the major cities of the world beginning in September, 2014. http://www.fiaformulae.com
- "Celtics' success traced, in part, to the fortunes of a blind son". ESPN. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- Kahn, Ehran. "Ranking the NBA's 10 Most Popular Owners". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Wycliffe K. Grousbeck J.D. Advisor, Flex Pharma, Inc.". Bloomberg. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Grousbeck, Wyc. "WYC GROUSBECK ELECTED MASS. EYE AND EAR BOARD CHAIR". newswire.com. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Wycliffe "Wyc" Grousbeck, Managing Partner & Governor". Boston Celtics. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Grousbeck, Wyc. "WYC GROUSBECK TO JOIN FORMULA E BOARD OF DIRECTORS". fiaformulae.com.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|