|Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas|
|Assumed office |
August 1, 2003
|Appointed by||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Edward C. Prado|
|Associate Justice of the|
Supreme Court of Texas
September 7, 2001 – November 6, 2002
|Appointed by||Rick Perry|
|Preceded by||Greg Abbott|
|Succeeded by||Steven Wayne Smith|
September 20, 1961
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Harvard University (BA)|
University of Texas (MPA, JD)
Xavier Rodriguez (born September 20, 1961) is an American attorney and jurist serving as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. Rodriguez was previously an Associate Justice of the Texas Supreme Court from 2001 to 2002.
Early life and education
Rodriguez was born in 1961 in San Antonio, Texas. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Harvard University, a Master of Public Administration degree from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas, and a Juris Doctor from the University of Texas Law School.
Rodriguez is a regular speaker on continuing legal education seminars and has authored numerous articles regarding employment law, discovery and arbitration issues. He is past chair of the State Bar of Texas Labor and Employment Council and Chair of the State Bar Paralegal Committee.
Prior to assuming the bench, he was a partner in the international law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski. Rodriguez then served on the Texas Supreme Court until he was defeated in his reelection run. Rodriguez then returned to private practice briefly before being appointed to the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas in San Antonio by President George W. Bush.
Rodriguez has been considered a candidate for a vacancy on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, along with District Judge Marina Marmolejo.
- Hearing Before the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, One Hundred Eighth Congress, First [-second Session, Part 3]
- "Rodriguez, Xavier - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "Hon. Xavier Rodriguez - St. Mary's Law". St. Mary's School of Law. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "Senators Hutchison, Cornyn Recommend Xavier Rodriguez For Judicial Nomination". United States Senator John Cornyn, Texas. 2003-02-06. Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Contreras, Guillermo (December 1, 2013). "Another federal judge may go". San Antonio Express-News. Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- Xavier Rodriguez at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
Edward C. Prado
| Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
|This article about a Texas politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|