This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||Yang Zhenming (杨振铭)|
|Died||1985 (aged 74–75)|
|Notable students||Ip Tai Tak,|
Chu Gin Soon,
Chu King Hung
|Part of a series on|
|Chinese martial arts (Wushu)|
Yang Shou-chung or Yang Shouzhong, birth name Yang Zhenming, (1910–1985) was the eldest son of Yang Chengfu.
Yang Shou-chung began training in his family's style of t'ai chi ch'uan (taijiquan) at age 8. By age 14 he had begun to work with his father as a teaching assistant and at age 19 he was already teaching government officials around China. In 1949 he fled to Hong Kong where he stayed for the remainder of his life teaching privately mostly out of his home on Lockhart Road on Hong Kong Island. He appointed three disciples: Ip Tai Tak (1st and Chief Disciple (Hong Kong), Gin Soon Chu (2nd Disciple, U.S.), Chu King Hung (3rd Disciple, Europe). Yang Shou-chung is survived by his three daughters: Tai Yee, Ma Lee and Yee Li who currently also reside in Hong Kong.
- Ip Tai Tak's (1st Disciple of Yang Shou-chung) disciple Bob Boyd
- Gin Soon Tai Chi Chuan Federation, USA: Gin-Soon Chu, 2nd Disciple of Yang Shou-Chung
- H. Won Tai Chi Institute: H. Won Gim, 2nd Disciple of Gin-Soon Chu
- Master Chu King Hung International Tai Chi Chuan Association 3rd Disciple's website
- Exhaustive Yang family tree with info on Yang Shou-chung's descendants
- Master Ding Academy Traditional Tai Chi Chuan (Master Ding is 1st Disciple of Ip Tai Tak