|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Elevation||3,540 ft (1,080 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Yumbe is approximately 75 kilometres (47 mi), by road, north of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. This is approximately 170 kilometres (110 mi), by road, northwest of Gulu, the largest city in the Northern Region. The coordinates of the town are 3°27'54.0"N, 31°14'42.0"E (Latitude:3.465000; Longitude:31.245000)
The 2002 national census estimated the population of Yumbe at 15,400. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 28,500. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population at 30,800. In August 2014, the national population census put the population at 35,606.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town or near the town limits:
- offices of Yumbe Town Council
- Yumbe Hospital, a 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Yumbe central market
- UBOS (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Arua And Yumbe With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- GFC (19 July 2015). "Map Showing Gulu And Yumbe With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Google (19 July 2015). "Location of Yumbe At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Yumbe In 2002, 2010 And 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 4 June 2014.