She finished seventh at the 2006 World Road Running Championships, helping the Japanese team win the bronze medal in the team competition. In 2008, she won the Nagoya Marathon in her marathon debut. In the 2008 Summer Olympics marathon, she finished 13th. She won the 2009 Sapporo Half Marathon title with a time of 1:09:20.
- All results regarding marathon, unless stated otherwise
|2008||Nagoya Marathon||Nagoya, Japan||1st||2:25:51|
|Olympic Games||Beijing, PR China||13th||2:30:19|
|2010||Boston Marathon||Boston, United States||7th||2:30:40|
- 3000 metres – 9:28.53 min (2002)
- 5000 metres – 15:13.01 min (2009)
- 10,000 metres – 31:14.39 min (2009)
- Half marathon - 1:09:20 hrs (2009)
- Marathon - 2:25:51 hrs (2008)
- "Nakamura wins Nagoya marathon, Takahashi a distant 27th". International Herald Tribune. HighBeam Research/AP. 10 March 2008. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- Nakamura, Ken (2009-07-05). "Ngatuny and Nakamura take Sapporo Half Marathon titles". IAAF. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
|This biographical article relating to Japanese athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|